Workspace Admin - User Admin Difference

Hi All,

I have few questions regarding CIM:

1. If a person is given workspace admin access, then will he be able to see all the models(with/without edit option) in that workspace?

2. If a person's account without workspace admin, then will he be able to see all the models(with/without edit option) or any particular model in that workspace?

3. After CIM release, if an user account is disabled with workspace admin status OR enabled without workspace admin status, then how does that impact to viewing/editing models of the workspace?

4. If a person is only workspace admin but not user admin, then how would that impact on giving adding/deleting other users from any model?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sandip

Answers

• 1) Initially yes, but you can navigate to each model in the workspace and remove their accesses by changing their role to No Access.

2) If they are not a workspace admin, they can not edit the structure or see the backend of the model. The user will also only be added to 1 model. If you transition them to a workspace admin, they immediately receive full access to the workspace, then you need to go through and modify it afterwards as written above.

3) If the user is disabled, they are effectively not allowed to log into the workspaces in Anaplan, but you would need to talk to a community boss/Anaplan team member for clarity and confirmation.

4) They can not add/remove users from the workspace, but they can manage their access/role (same as #1, if you want the end user to lose access) if they do have access to the workspace.

The new system is still not deployed, so this is the current state of things and are all subject to change as it is a new feature in Anaplan.

I hope I was helpful!

• Thanks for your quick reply. I still have questions to your first 2points:

1. even if I remove access from models, they will still be able to enter into modules, see structures and formulas, right?

2. But If I want to give him edit access for that model, then I have to him entire workspace access(i.e. access to see all models inside that workspace), True?

Regards,

Sandip

• @sandipsinha15 

If someone doesn't have access to the model, they will not be able to read anything in the model.  It is as if the model does not exist for that person.  If they need to edit or read anything in the model, they will need to have access to the model.

Rob

• @Misbah @rob_marshall Kindly answer to my queries.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sandip

• @rob_marshall But if he is a workspace admin, then he can see all the models in that workspace. Then if he is having "NO ACCESS" to a model, then he won't be able to edit anything, but still can see the structure and formulas inside module. is that correct?

• @sandipsinha15 

Even if a person is a Workspace Admin, they will still need to have a valid Role to see the model and to get into the model.  Just because you are a workspace admin doesn't mean the person doesn't have to abide by the Role.  If a person is an WSA but you don't want them to have access, simply change their role to No Access.

Rob

• @sandipsinha15 

The above is incorrect.  Please see my reply below.

• hi @rob_marshall , I was reading the above thread but I don't see your reply after you said "The above is incorrect.  Please see my reply below."

I would be mainly interested to know if, indeed, WSAs can be stripped out of access to models by another WSA by assigning "No Access" role in a given model.

Thank you !

• @vnaftan

Yea, that is a bit confusing and think the "below" answer got moved up in the chain.

If a user has WSA, that means they can see the blueprints of modules and be a model builder.

The Role provides access to the model. If a user has WSA access, but No Access as their role, then they will not be able to see the model.

Hopefully, that clears it up.