XOR for versions

The lack of summary for versions made me create this formula:

KirillKuznetsov_1-1627057199881.png

I am trying to get a functionality to have a boolean checkbox which will be FALSE for all other versions, but the one I have selected for the same time period, else - all TRUE. Time periods have this "All periods" summary which can be used in SELECT.

Do you guys have any idea to achive the same any other way?

If Anaplan could have VERSIONS.All versions my formula could look much cleaner and more flexible:

Selected version OR NOT (Selected version[SELECT:VERSIONS.All Versions OR Selected version[SELECT: TIME.All Periods])

Best Answer

• AntonMineev
    Answer ✓

In this formulation of the question, it will be easier to create alternative versions (with total element or working SUM formulas), implement the calculation on them, and then transfer the result to the native versions. I checked, LOOKUP mapping worked without problems.

It will be easier than doing complex calculations with the PREVIOUS / NEXT version.

Снимок экрана 2021-07-27 в 16.59.26.png

Снимок экрана 2021-07-27 в 17.00.33.png

Answers

• @KirillKuznetsov 

Great callout, one that's been brought up a few times. Anaplan cannot sum across versions because of the way Anaplan stores the data in blocks. But there is a cleaner way than the one you have and is discussed here by @rob_marshall @alexpavel and illustrated by @CommunityMember126793 

• Jared, 

Thank you for your comment.

I saw this discussion, but unfortunately, this approach won't simplify or make it cleaner. 

Following this, I will get many IFs or, at least, ORs in my formula and it will make it much longer.

Here is its look with only four versions as examples:

(Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V1] AND NOT (Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V2] OR Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V3] OR Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V4]))

OR

(Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V2] AND NOT (Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V1] OR Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V3] OR Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V4]))

OR

(Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V3] AND NOT (Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V1] OR Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V2] OR Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V4]))

OR

(Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V4] AND NOT (Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V2] OR Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V3] OR Boolean[SELECT:VERSIONS.V1]))

• Hi @KirillKuznetsov!

I tried to reproduce your problem. Did I understand correctly that one version-year combination is selected at the moment?

Снимок экрана 2021-07-27 в 13.51.09.png

I tried to push away from this by defining the year by which we should put FALSE for other versions. To check the year, I used checking all previous and all next versions. Apparently, I came up with the same effect that you have in the first picture. Can you take a blueprint from the attachment and check it on your case?

P.S. I have not optimized the formulas for best practices, this is a prototype.

• Thanks for the solution, but not quite what I want.
    I must be able to choose one version per year and one year per version.
  • Can you send an example of how an introductory form with parameters should look like (version selection-year)?

•  When a year unselected the only versions available and the ones which are not selected in another year periods.

In the end it has to trigger the DCA this way.

KirillKuznetsov_0-1627390674172.png

Hope it helps

• @AntonMineev Yes, I also thought about this option. Though this one requires permanent manual mapping - it is still better looking one.
    Thanks!
  • I think it is possible to simplify the process of creating and mapping versions through imports.

Then you do not have to fill in the mapping manually, but you can get by with the button (process).

You will need to import on native versions (as source) and import from it into the directory of custom versions. And separately in the mapping.