YEARVALUE function

Syntax

YEARVALUE(x)

where:

• x: Source line item or property to be summarized.

Format

Input Format Output Format

x: Number

Number

As from above we can see input & output format should be number for YEARVALUE function. Can anybody explain how this function is working for boolean format (please find the attachment)

Answers

• @anupgade 

What an interesting discovery!

I tested this myself and it works as you suggest. I did have to change the summary to "ANY" in order to get the yearvalue though.

I guess in my mind this is not a bug but kind of an easter egg. 

It's possible the Boolean is resolved in memory as numeric or there's some type of polymorphism allowing you to use a different format type.

Nice Catch.

Here I use YearValue on a numeric value and a Boolean.

Grid

YearValue1.png

Blueprint: Summary

YearValue2.png

Blueprint formulas

YearValue3.png

• Thanks @JaredDolich 

But still, what would be the relevance of using the YEARVALUE function in a boolean format?

• @anupgade ,

If you have any month as a True, with ANY as a summary it will be true as @JaredDolich stated.  Why would you use this?  Again, checking to see if anything was checked within that year.

Rob

• A often used tool in my models is the ability to select a year via a boolean check on a dashboard. This line item is formatted as a year time frame which feeds a time property model to allow the user to filter for that particular year.
    Without YEARVALUE() the time property module, dimensioned by date or month time period will not know where to go to find the condition.