Marenela
New Contributor

f

20 REPLIES 20
anand.shekhawat
Super Contributor

Re: Time Filter

Hi @Marenela ,

What I have understood is you want to filter the module on the basis of Year value in OCD Date line item. So what you can do is create a new line item named as 'FY' formatted as 'Year' and use the formula PERIOD(OCD) to calculate the year. Create one more line item as 'Check' and keep the format of the line item as boolean. For now keep the 'Check' line item empty

Now create another module 'Filter Module' dimensioned by time and set the time format as Year. Create one boolean line item named as 'Filter'.

Now write the formula in earlier created line item 'Check' as  

Filter Module.Filter[LOOKUP: FY]

Now you can use the 'Check' line item to be used as a filter in your Ocd Module(the screenshot you have pasted).

I hope it helps

~Anand

anand.shekhawat
Super Contributor

@Marenela 

The formula for 'Check' that I had told was 

Filter Module.Filter[LOOKUP: FY]

In here make sure that the Filter line item is Boolean formatted. which makes both source(Filter) and target(Check) as boolean formatted line items.

Please paste in few snips of the formula and formats of both the modules, if you are unable to rectify and I'll guide you for the correct formula

~Anand

Marenela
New Contributor

here are the few snips of the formula of both modules and other related function @anand.shekhawat 

MarkWarren
Expert

Is this not working? Looks like it should
How is FY dimensioned?

Marenela
New Contributor

MarkWarren
Expert

Ahh I see what you're doing now. I didn't see the filter.PNG OR modules.PNG files when I first looked. You would need to dimension the module by Users to enable the filter, because Users list does not have a top level and you must want to filter the data for each user's choice.
Marenela
New Contributor

anand.shekhawat
Super Contributor

@Marenela 

It seems that PERIOD(OCD) is picking up some different date. Could you please drill down on any of the FY cell and check what date it is picking up

@MarkWarren Good spot, I think the users list is causing the issue.

~Anand

Marenela
New Contributor