how can I automate or schedule a process with in Anaplan

Suman Reddy
Frequent Contributor

how can I automate or schedule a process with in Anaplan

Hi,

I am looking for a functionality about how can I automate or schedule a process with in Anaplan, which transfers data from one model to another model with out clicking manually each time on that process in dashboard?..

I appreciate your help on it. Thanks!

Suman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JaredDolich

@Suman Reddy 

Unfortunately, there isn't a built-in scheduler in Anaplan with the exception of Cloudworks but you need an AWS account. For casual use, I use my windows task scheduler. If you, or your client, have a more commercial scheduler you can use that too. As @CommunityMember126793 mentioned, you'll need to use an integration tool that can POST/PUT a RESTful API. Anaplan Connect is a good choice. I also like to use Python. Here's an example of importing the current date using both. Step by Step.

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CommunityMember126793
Regular Contributor

@Suman Reddy using the Anaplan connect or any 3rd party tool like Dell Boomi etgc.

Anaplan Connect: Use the Anaplan Connect batch file and mention the import in the script. Schedule the batch file using Windows Scheduler. Sharing link for the reference purpose

https://help.anaplan.com/en/03144015-44e0-4f28-8cee-13e7ae9d9077-Anaplan-Connect

Integration: use the 3rd party tool to execute the action at a specific interval.

Suman Reddy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply,

Can not we do without Anaplan Connect ? as it seems it having dependency on 3rd party systems. 

Best Regards,

Suman.

CommunityMember126793
Regular Contributor

Anaplan Connect is not 3rd party.. it is Anaplan provided batch file.

Unfortunately, Anaplan don't have scheduler feature inside the model, if that's what u looking for

Suman Reddy
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I am looking for simple task scheduler with in Anaplan Model. Anyway Thank you again!.

Best Regards,

Suman.

JaredDolich

@Suman Reddy 

Unfortunately, there isn't a built-in scheduler in Anaplan with the exception of Cloudworks but you need an AWS account. For casual use, I use my windows task scheduler. If you, or your client, have a more commercial scheduler you can use that too. As @CommunityMember126793 mentioned, you'll need to use an integration tool that can POST/PUT a RESTful API. Anaplan Connect is a good choice. I also like to use Python. Here's an example of importing the current date using both. Step by Step.

Jared Dolich
Suman Reddy
Frequent Contributor

Thank you @JaredDolich  and @CommunityMember126793  for your thoughts. I will go into the details now.

Suman.