how to create boolean boxes for user to manually to check on

DarrenS
Occasional Contributor

how to create boolean boxes for user to manually to check on

Hi,

I have a list of opportunities and would like to create a Boolean column for user to manually check on. I would then like to filter the list where all the opportunities are being checked off (Basically to filter the list where boolean = true) 

It would be best if this can be done in the NUX where the user can check on the boxes and then filter the results.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks. 

14 REPLIES 14
tingtingxia
Contributor

Hi Darren

If I understand your requirements fully and correctly, you only need to:

1. Create a module dimensioned on your opportunity list and a Boolean formatted line item as shown below:

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 6.39.41 PM.png

2. Back to Module view, you can see that Check column can be ticked by users:

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 6.40.55 PM.png

3. Publish this view to dashboard then users can input their checks

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 6.42.20 PM.png

4. To display only checked opportunities, you can create a filtered saved view in the original module. the filtering criteria is that Check = True. Then publish the saved view to dashboard. Every time there is a change in the check in the first grid, refresh the dashboard and the second grid will be updated with newly checked opportunities.

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 6.43.44 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 6.45.14 PM.png

Hope this helps.

Tingting

DarrenS
Occasional Contributor

Hi @tingtingxia 

Thanks for this.

For point number 4, i guess i have to have 2 views on the dashboard: One for user to input the choice and the other to show the filtered results. There is no way to show it within one view right? 

tingtingxia
Contributor

Hi Darren

Yes, correct. 

Tingting

DarrenS
Occasional Contributor

Hi @tingtingxia ,

Thanks.

I have another question. I've tried to apply the boolean box for another list of accts/opportunities but it doesn't allow the user to check it (the boxes are greyed out in the pic below)

Is there a issue with the list that causes this to happen?  I've tried on a couple of other lists and it works fine for those.

DarrenS_0-1623379057172.png

tingtingxia
Contributor

Hi Darren

Can I see the configure tab of the list you showed?

Tingting

DarrenS
Occasional Contributor

Here you go

DarrenS_0-1623384319653.png

tingtingxia
Contributor

Hi Darren

I mean the configure tab of the SFDC list you are using in the module. You can go to the SFDC list, and there will be a configure tab after you open it.

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 12.18.34 PM.png

DarrenS
Occasional Contributor

Opps sorry, my bad

Here you go!

DarrenS_0-1623385502156.png

tingtingxia
Contributor

Hi Darren

From your screenshot, I replicated a same numbered list that rolls up to a parent, but from my end the check boxes are still check-able.

My replicated list and module based on L2 opportunity.

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 1.12.51 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-06-11 at 1.12.59 PM.png

Then my question will be:

1. Are the items in your screenshot below coming from the opportunity list of its parent (Org L3 POD)? If they are from the parent, then the boxes are un-checkable.

2. Do you have full access to all list items? Or is there any DCA enabled?

Tingting