how to import locations.csv in level 1 model building

how to import locations.csv in level 1 model building

Best Answer

Answers

• @TamparaDora 

There is a beautiful Import button on the List as well as on Modules. You can take full advantage of that to upload the data into Anaplan. 

Next step would be to map the file with target. Once mapping is done run the import action

• Hi Misbah,

Thank you for the quick response. I'm sorry. I wasn’t clear with my question. I'm having trouble with mapping the file with the target. Could you please help me with that?

Thanks,
    Dora.
  • Hi,

Thank you for the quick response . I'm sorry. I wasn’t clear with my question. I'm having trouble with mapping the file with the target. Could you please help me with that?

Thanks,
    Dora.
  • @TamparaDora 

Can you please share the screenshot of your mapping window. Will be happy to assist you 

• @TamparaDora I dont see any issue here. Is your Country list already populated. What is the error message that you are getting??

• @Misbah This is the error. PFA.

Also, PFA screen shot of the data import. 

• @TamparaDora 

Country codes are being used as a name in that list. If that is the case then in your Location import mapping you will have to map Parent of Location list to Country Code instead of Country Name

• @TamparaDora if u notice then in your list there are many items which are not linked to correct Parent (highlighted in yellow in below screen print..... and that's the same error you encountered during load also)..... as @Misbah  also mentioned that you have to map Parent (whilst mapping) with Country Code rather Country Name... please clear your list and map the correct ones whilst reloading.

CommunityMember126793_0-1616322860317.png

Only US worked because US (as a text) must be in Name and Code columns. Hope you got the expected responses!