problem in using lookup statement

VigneshStark
edited December 2022 in Modeling

in sprint 3, i have been tasked to create a country summary output module with G2 Country and P1 product family as dimensions and stock safety flag count as line item. The line item will take data from inventory module which has stock safety exception count as line item and put the data in country summary module.

Now the problem is since inventory module doesn't have country and summary module uses country , the chapter advised me to create another line item called country made in sys08 system module which has product sku as dimensions. when i did that and tried to use lookup to connect the two modules[ inventory and system], it is showing error. Please advise me on how to solve it.

ps:

'INV01 Inventory Ordering'.Safety Stock Exception Count[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Country Made]

Best Answer

• Kanishq17
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

hi @VigneshStark , since you mentioned that the target has G2 Country as dimension and there is a mapping between SKU and country , the mapping is established in line item as country for each sku , so to populate G2 country with no of exceptions , sum will be used as to consider the exceptions of SKU for that country ,

so instead of lookup , use SUM to aggregate the values

Thanks

Kanishq

Answers