show summary with Selective access enabled

Hi All,

Can I show Summary when selective access is enabled at children level?

there are lists in a hierarchy say A(PARENT) B(Children of A) C(Children of B)

Selective access is enables at C but want to show the summary at B(at parent of C) , attached the screenshot for reference

Please suggest if this approach is not achievable 

Thanks,

Dileepkumar

Tagged:

Answers

• @Dileepkumar B 

Can you not set selective access to Read for List A?

Rob

• Hi @Dileepkumar B 

For B which is Immediate Parent of C will get SUM whichever is having Selective Access C . 

To get A We should not select Selective Access for A to be shown .

Thanks,

Puneeth HP 

Success is the Intersection of Dreams and Hardwork!

• @rob_marshall 

selective access automatically enabled for parent if the children is having selective access

• @Dileepkumar B 

What @rob_marshall means to say is .. you can set upper level to READ only and not Hide it... Ofcourse we know that parent will have selective access enabled if children has it, but if you chose READ at the upper level you can see the aggregated data.

• @Misbah @rob_marshall 

But I dont want to show other members of the list C to other users who doesnt need access.

if I give READ at A then User will be able to see all the children data but all children should

not be available but need summary, attached screen shots of my desired output 

Thanks,

Dileepkumar

• @Dileepkumar B 

You are correct, they would be able to see other members on C.  So to make sure I am understanding this correctly...

• You have Write Selective access on List C
    • But you want the user of List C to be able to read the summation of values up to List A (which is a parent of List B which is a parent of List C)
    • But the user can't see other members in List C that they don't have Write access to

Is that correct?  If so, then you can use DCA to hide the values of the other members in List C.  In doing this, they will be able to see the list members, but not the actual values.

Rob

• @rob_marshall 

Your understanding is correct, I am fine to show the summaries at B. But the ask is, we dont want to show the all the list items of C(list items under B) since it will create some confusion to users. Can we show the summaries at B level by Selective access enabled , can we decouple and show the summaries? Please suggest an approach 

Thanks,

Dileepkumar

• @Dileepkumar B,

You can make use of DCA to set this up as @rob_marshall suggested.

You can also have the same DCA to filter the list in the dashboard that lets you hide the list members not relevant to the users.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,

Sandeep