time mapping while importing the exported module

Hi all,

I am trying to import data using the export file of the module which has weekly time scale. Every other dimension mapping is ok instead of the time mapping as the exported file has week as time dimension but the target has format of ddmmyyyy to ddmmyyyy.

I am attaching the screenshot of the exported file and the time mapping view.Please suggest how to solve this problem.

Answers

• @saurav4ss ,

On the import to Anaplan, make sure the file has a column for date, not a range of dates.  This date could be the first day of the period, last day of the period, or the true actual date of the row and Anaplan will automatically understand and map it to the correct week.

Rob

• Hello @saurav4ss 

The first thing I will ask you to think bout is why export data from the source in weeks while you know your target has months format?

However, this is not the issue you are having, I believe your mapping for the Time is not correct.

Could you please send a screenshot of your mapping tab so we can point out the issue?

• @saurav4ss 

You just need to map to a date and use special masks.

weeks001.pngweeks002.pngweeks003.png

• Hi @einas.ibrahim 

PFA time mapping screenshot.

I have exported from the same module in which i have to upload so how can the source and target format will be different?

Thank you

• Hi @saurav4ss 

Thank you for sending the screenshots.

First regarding your question "I have exported from the same module in which i have to upload so how can the source and target format will be different?"

I believe because you said in your first post "as the exported file has week as time dimension but the target has format of ddmmyyyy to ddmmyyyy." I assumed you are exporting from a source module with weeks time format and you will import in a target module with months time format.

Hope that was clearer.

You need to give Anaplan the correct Time/Date Format so it can match it to the source (with weeks time/date format) in the Time tab.

Review @JaredDolich response, it shows you how you can give Anaplan a Time/date format to match the week format in your source file.
    It seems like Anaplan doesn't have a dedicated "week" format, so you can use the "?" to match the W/c part then Use DD-MMM-YY to match the rest of your format.