Anaplan on Anaplan: User Groups Live!

Community Manager

Anaplan on Anaplan: User Groups Live!

If you weren't able to attend User Groups Live!, you probably missed our Ask Me Anything session with members of our internal Center of Excellence. Check out the video below. 

Host: Hannah Cho (VP, Corporate Marketing)
Panel: 

• Erin Graupmann (Business Operations Manager)
  • Thibaud Raucoules (Lead Sales Operations Analyst)
  • Stephanie Baure (Corporate Finance Manager)
  • Byron Mikowicz (Business Operations Manager)

Note: The live Q&A session is now closed.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Occasional Contributor

Re: Ask Me Anything!

What is the most efficent way of sorting a numbered list by the Display Name

Message 2 of 38
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to stamp the current user one a  line item.

The scenario is the user creates a numbered list and in the module, they woulld like to stamp the user who created this.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 38
New Contributor

This stamp is possible only as a result of import, that puts the name of a user who ran the import into the list.
Message 4 of 38
Occasional Contributor

How to use Anaplan to conduct survey (ie ranking of projects) by multiple users?

Message 5 of 38
New Contributor

Excel allows a user to adjust the number of iterative calculations to handle circular references.  How can circular references be managed in Anaplan?

Message 6 of 38
Occasional Contributor

I know some workaround: you can use time :)
Here you have some examples. If you need some exact number of calculations, you can adjust it by formula or number of periods. Just remember to set up Time as a dimension.

NoLAG(No, 1, 0) + 1
FactorialLAG(Factorial, 1, 1) * No
FibonacciLAG(Value, 2, 1) + LAG(Value, 1, 0)

Message 7 of 38
New Contributor

How would one handle a ragged people hierarchy using a numbered list ...already applied recursive hierarchy..issues arise such as levels(employees) moving up and down when the parent (manager)transfers is terminated...etc)...What would be the best unique identifier as the code?

Message 8 of 38
Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

We are in dire need of a "multi-select" type feature so that users are able to do analysis and see rollups of items that don't naturally roll up that way in the hierarchy. It's a huge pain point for our users now and we don't have the ability to change the hierarchy to solve this. Any thoughts/ideas on when that feature might be available?

Message 9 of 38
Certified Master Anaplanner

Multi-select feature and advanced user filters that won't have a massive impact on performances or model size are very much needed and welcome!
Message 10 of 38