Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Ask Me Anything!

Create a process with selecting checkboxes and pushing those checked selections into the list, creating a subset based on those selections. Have it almost as a side by side comparison. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

How do you keep data in sync across all of your spoke models?

-Chris Weiss
Highlighted
Community Manager

I've heard you have a SPM model that includes many SPM use cases. How/when do you decide to split many use cases out of a single model into multiple separate models, vs keeping them all in one model?

-Chris Weiss
Highlighted
New Contributor

1) Any plan on having indentation in formula? This becomes difficult when we're writing long formulas, and they become difficult to find errors. We always need to copy the formulas to Word and do the indentation ourselves. 

2) Any plan on having a search bar in the field mapping step? When we are doing an import into a module/list, it's time consuming to map the fields (especially when it is the first mapping), but if we have the search bar it would be much faster. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I've always found that Notepad++ (Windows) or Sublime Text (Mac) work much better for editing formulas than Word, especially for troubleshooting issues.  It allows for indentions and highlighting of functions like IF THEN...ELSE. 

Maybe some adventurous Anaplanner will come up with custom language highlighting for Anaplan!

-Matt

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

This is something our team has often mentioned would be great to have! Indenting parts of formulas, changing the font color of certain pieces of the formula (or highlighting pieces of the formula), and being able to "pop-out" the formula window to view within a much more enlarged window would make editing long formulas much easier to look at, without requiring the model builder to copy the formula out to a text editor such as Notepad++. I believe there is an idea posted on the community site's idea board related to this request. 

In regards to #2 - to simplify import mapping, make sure that the headers in the upload file match list's field (properties) names. Anaplana will automatically map fields with matchig names.

Highlighted

I always use drill down (from grid view, right click and select drill down) which displays the formula with better formatting and indentations.  Copy the formula from this view to Notepad ++ and make your edits there. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

There was a mention of having over 800 users... that combined with many workspaces and different models - how do you manage users (in your data hub?)?  

Highlighted
New Contributor

It's important to have Local and Global Lists, so if I have many models, I don't need to copy the same list across all models. Do you have any plans for this?