New Contributor

Re: Frank Calderoni's 2020 Vision: The Future of Anaplan is Clear

Hi @frank_calderoni,

Thank you for sharing the platform roadmap.

My question is related to our Talent Management strategy. Some employees have aspirations to work in functions of which they have no prior experience. But they have the passion, and the ability and willingness to learn. What is our plan to help these employees get the roles which they aspire for?

Best regards,

Jawwad

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi @jawwad.syed, great to see one of our own Anaplan employees participating in the Community and we’re so glad to see your ambition for growth at Anaplan! Since this is an internal question, I would love to field it at our next FAQ. For those of you who don’t know what that is, each month I open a poll to all of our employees to answer their questions much the way I’m doing now since transparency and accountability are so core to the fabric of Anaplan.

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

I truly appreciate this chance, thanks Frank for your time and Community for arranging this.

As a partner and model builder, there are 3 questions that I would love to ask Frank:

1. Workspace allowance. We were told in the last CPX that the data limit of 130Gb per workspace is going to be extended in the short term. Is is happening any time soon? Can you give us a clue of what the new limit will be? 

2. Integrated Machine Learning or AI. Since Anaplan acquired Mintigo, I am wondering if we are going to see integrated ML / AI functionalities in the platform soon? And, if Yes, how are they going to look and feel for the workspace admins.

This third one is just out of my curiosity: I have been using Anaplan since early 2015 and I have always wondered why there have been so many functions for Call Centres since the early stages of the tool????

Thanks a lot again and looking forward to watch you on-line.

Alex.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you so much for your thoughtful questions, @AlejandroGomez. I addressed this in my answer to David F.’s question. As our customers expand the use of Anaplan and volume of data is growing, our customers are looking for bigger and larger models. There are items on our roadmap that will address some of these needs from our customers. We have a very robust roadmap that includes embedded intelligence, leveraging technology from our recent acquisition in this space, as well as other best-of-breed ML platforms. Also, our new UX will enable us to deliver user intuitive and purpose-built solutions with best-of-breed AI/ML platforms. Finally, we do have a few Call Center use cases and the ones we have are successful and well-received. If I’ve misinterpreted the question, feel free to reach out to our community team for more information!

Highlighted

Thanks for your willingness to connect and share your vision for the future! Do you envision that eventually the classic UX will be formally retired and all models/customers will migrate to NUX? If so, what's the timeline

Very excited to hear about the work being done to advance API capabilities.  Will this include Anaplan Connect (or another native API) or is the focus primarily around third party connectors?

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks so much for your question, @Tiffany.Rice. Our goal with the new UX is to make it intuitive, collaborative and engaging for all our users. “End Users” have been our initial focus for the new UX, followed by “Model Builders.” Also, our product roadmap includes a completely redesigned and intuitive modeling experience. We don’t have any plans on retiring our “Classic UX” in the near term. Regarding the APIs, once we launch the new API and micro services framework in the Anaplan platform, connectors (including Anaplan Connect) will be updated in due course.

Highlighted

Hi Frank,

Thank you for the video and participating in this forum with the Community!

My question to you revolves around one I see quite often as a Partner.  Where do you see Anaplan can grow as it pertains to creating PDF-style reports?  I know there are some solutions Anaplan has partnered with but wondered if there is an appetite to take this on internally.

Thank you again!

Shea Baker

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you for the question, @sheabaker! Our goal with the New UX is to make it intuitive, collaborative and engaging for all our users. Additional reporting capabilities are on our roadmap and will be delivered through our new user experience.

Highlighted

In prior years, new functionality being introduced at the annual conference were little more than proofs of concepts (the collaboration feature and Google Sheets integration were the highlight of Hub 2015!) and it's been very encouraging to see real features with real timelines being shown off at the last couple conferences since you've joined Anaplan. However, as an experienced model builder already committed to the platform, I feel many of the non-product sessions at CPX are still geared towards telling, not showing. I would love to see more customers demoing actual models that they used to solve their problems rather than just talking vaguely about the benefits of connected planning. Has there been any consideration towards making sure sessions are adding unique perspective and substance to the Anaplan pitch?

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you so much for your CPX feedback and question, @derek_chen. We appreciate having you in our Community. One of the common themes we hear from CPX attendees is that they would like to see more technical content. We always try to make sure everyone in attendance is getting the information that they need. As we strategize for CPX 2020, we are thinking in terms of three personas – Prospects, Customers and The Highly Technical. There will be informational sessions and customer stories for our Prospects, use case roundtables for our Customers and demos, features and best practices for The Highly Technical, in addition to plenty of other content that will resonate with all three groups. While we haven’t formalized our agenda format for CPX 2020, we think this approach will make sure it is valuable for everyone in attendance.