Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Frank Calderoni's 2020 Vision: The Future of Anaplan is Clear

Hi @frank_calderoni 

Thank you for the video and for interacting with the community members.

My question is as follows:-

What would be the roadmap for Anaplan with respect to AI and advanced analytics? We have been hearing a lot about this and wanted to know what Anaplan’s role would be in disrupting this domain since we have such a powerful integrated connected planning platform! Do you see advanced algorithms and deep learning programs driving the planning with our connected planning platform soon and still be able to retain the essence of the platform?

It would be great if the team could come up with some use cases explained in the community for the larger audience soon.

Regards

Adithya

Highlighted
Contributor

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out, @adithya. We continue to invest in existing intelligence capabilities like “statistical forecasting” and “optimizer.” Along with these features, we have a very robust roadmap that includes embedded intelligence, leveraging our in-house Planning AI capabilities, as well as other best-of-breed ML platforms.

Highlighted

where do you want to see Anaplan in next 5 years from your perspective?

Thanks

Ravi

Ravi
Highlighted
Contributor

I love this question, thank you @manchiravi. As new customers realize the value of our platform and connected planning and we continue to evolve our offering to be even better at solving their problems in this constantly changing environment, I believe Anaplan will become the digital DNA of companies around the world. I got the opportunity to discuss Anaplan’s future and the future of business planning on Mad Money with Jim Cramer in December. You can watch the interview here for a more detailed view.

Highlighted

Hi Frank,

What are some of the key trends for planning that you are hearing first-hand when talking to leaders of large companies?  

Thanks,

Charles Passauer

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you so much for your question, @cjpassauer. One thing I hear over and over is that leaders need to be able to make decisions faster. Long-term planning is becoming a thing of the past as the speed of innovation and frequency of disruption increases. They want better visibility into all facets of their organization and to know that they have reliable real-time data. These are exciting times and I am so happy that Anaplan can help our customers on their digital journey.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Frank,

It's a great pleasure to talk with you through this AMA session.

I have fee questions about some expected features to improve even more the plateform in the future.

- Are you still investigating on collaborative chat features?

- Are you still investigating on ad-hoc reporting features?

- When could we try the new workflow process in the new UX?

- Does the workspace size limitation (130G) will be increased in the future?

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the video and giving us the chance to ask questions.

I am curious to know whether there's a strategy to extend Anaplan functionality into some of the traditional datawarehousing and analytics domains.

All the best,

Tristan

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for your thoughtful question, @tristan.colgate. We currently have a purpose-built adapter for Tableau and are working on an adapter for another popular BI tool. Also as a part of our roadmap, the API and micro services framework in the Anaplan platform will enable extensibility into other data warehousing and analytics systems.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you so much for participating in this AMA, @OlivierDelahaye. “Collaboration” and “Ad-Hoc” reporting are on our roadmap and will be delivered through our new user experience. Regarding workflow, we are starting with capabilities in our new UX across Web and Mobile, like tasks, notifications, commenting and sharing. For model size, I addressed that in David F.’s question.