Frank Calderoni: The Future of Anaplan is Clear

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner Certified Master Anaplanner
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Frank Calderoni's 2020 Vision: The Future of Anaplan is Clear

Thanks for putting this together, really great stuff.

What are the biggest challenges that Anaplan faces in the next 1-3 years? How can Anaplan partners help address these challenges? 

Looking forward to hearing back!

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks so much for participating in this AMA, @jon. I would suggest that one of the biggest challenges is how fast customers can change. With digital transformations, customers have a lot going on; the customers who get the most out of Anaplan also change their planning processes. This need is why we focused on the partner ecosystem so much over the past three years. Partners who can guide customers through change more reliably and quickly will be critical for us.

Highlighted

Hi Frank, where and when did the term "connected planning" get coined at Anaplan? I believe it was shortly after you joined but I've aways been curious, many thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor

Great question, @james.bryson! Around three years ago, we described ourselves as "Anaplan is the leading planning and performance management platform for smart businesses." It was descriptive but too long. The executive leadership team was working on a new strategy, vision and execution business model, and throughout those discussions, we kept coming up with the word 'connected.' We knew our technology and platform were differentiated because we were connecting people, data, and plans – and no one else (and still to this day) had anything like this. We finally settled on Connected Planning. It was simple, memorable, and we knew we led this category right from the start.

Highlighted

Frank,

Thanks for joining the AMA.

Could you share your thoughts on the following topics :

- Market penetration
It's been a pleasure seeing how quickly Anaplan has grown so far, globally. Can you spend a few words on this, by geographical locations?

- Licensing offering
Is there anything particularly interesting happening behind the scenes in this area?

- Workflow
I thought the new Workflow would have been released and pushed together with the New UX and Mobile app. What should we expect for this ?

Thanks!
Alessio Pagliano
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks so much for your questions and interest, @Alessio_Pagliano. We so appreciate having you as part of our Community! For market penetration and licensing, I can only discuss things that have been made public in our financials, all of which is available here, since we’re a publicly listed company. We’re coming to the close of our fiscal year so keep an eye out for our fourth quarter report! For the workflow portion of the question, my response to Asslam covers your question.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the inspiring video and giving us the chance to communicate with Anaplan brain directly:)

My first question is about the Anaplan overall strategy, what position do you expect to see Anaplan in the market among the competitors in 5 years time? We all know how fast the technology is developing, what plan does Anaplan have in general to keep itself competitive?

Second question is about the integration of AI and advanced analytics, in what type of form will this be integrated with the platform itself? Will there be ready-to-use packages for users to choose, or will there be possibilities for model builders/developers to develop their own solutions?

Thank you,

Mutong

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Frank,

As we kick off our Lloyd's Syndicate Business Forecast model we look forward to using the NUX for the first time.

I have just one technical question for you - is there any plan to increase the 130GB Workspace maximum size ?

Thanks,

David Foley

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for being a part of our Community and participating in this forum, @daithifoley. As our customers expand the use of Anaplan and volume of data is growing, our customers are looking for bigger and larger models. There are items on our roadmap that will address some of these needs from our customers.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for your questions, @Mutong. I won’t make any forward-looking statements but I can highlight a recent Piper/Sandler report that named Anaplan one of the top five SaaS applications to own in the next decade and predicts that Anaplan will be a $7.9 billion company in 10 years. Our best asset is our people who are working constantly to make sure we continue solving our customer’s most pressing problems. Our goal is to deliver native AI and ML capabilities in the platform. Also, we plan to expand the reach of Anaplan by delivering purpose-built solutions with best-of-breed AI/ML platforms.