Expert

Anaplan issuing new certificate on Dec 8, 2018

Update (Nov 7, 2018)

Based on customer feedback and to allow admins additional time to transition to new integration clients, Anaplan will be issuing a new Anaplan certificate on December 8, 2018. The current Anaplan certificate will stop working on December 8. You will need to take action based on your integration client and authentication. 

Please refer to the Update to Integration Certificate Expiration blog post and Certificate Expiration FAQs for more information.

Do you have questions about the new Anaplan-generated certificates? Share your thoughts below. Click the Reply button below to post.

Product Manager, Anaplan
24 REPLIES
Occasional Contributor

Re: Anaplan generated Certificates to expire Dec 10, 2018

Hi,

Just wondering, if we revert back to Basic Authentication, can we store the username and password encrypted in a file and then pass the encrypted strings to Anaplan Connect, if so how it that done? I would also want to know, will these integration accounts have to change their passwords according to the current poilicies? If so, then Basic Authentication doesn't seem like a viable option for customers that do not have any CA based setup in place. 

Highlighted
Expert

Hi Upali, with Basic Auth, user name & password are saved in the Anaplan Connect integration batch file. We cannot encrypt the user name & password. If client is SSO enabled, they must identify an integration user ID & set it up as an Exception user. 

More information is available at this link: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Internal-Release-Notes/Anaplan-generated-Certificates-to-Expire-Dec...

Product Manager, Anaplan
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Chanveer...

One more thing, if the Integration user is set as an exception user and we are going to use Basic Authentication. Will we need to change the password from time to time?

Occasional Contributor

We’re currently using Anaplan Connect as our integration into Anaplan, however are undertaking areas of work to move to the HTTP API.

Is there any changes we have to do to use the CA-signed certificate for API authentication, or is it the same as current? I.e. convert .cer to .pem and base64 encode with a username to send as an auth header to the API?

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I have about 20 connect scripts, that run daily (overnight), if i "Switch to Basic Authentication", i have to have my password visible in all these scripts, and also have to update them every time my password expires, which could cause stoppages or issues in process, and was the reason i changed to certificates in the first place.

I looked at the "Upgrade to the latest API clients" but can find nothing on the website to explain things, and as far as i can see nobody on site has administration app access.

Any advice please

New Contributor

Hi,

With the changes to the Anaplan generated certificates, a number of customers have asked;

• Could you simply define Basic Authentication and how can customers use it instead? A customer read on a post that based on this option there would be a need to put the username and password on every batch file for the Anaplan Integration account. If passwords expire every 3 months would they need to update every individual batch file every 3 months?
  • Regarding the option to, "Upgrade to the latest API clients" does it have a cost implication? Also I didn't quite understood how to Procure CA Certificates in the relevant link https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Administration_and_Security/Tenant_Administration/Security...
  • Do Customers need to download the new version of Anaplan Connect which will be available late September?

Many thanks for your help

R

Expert

Hi @UpaliW, Yes, with Basic Auth, password needs to be reset every 3 months. Users can avoid this by moving to CA Certificates for Auth.

Product Manager, Anaplan
Expert

Hi @winstonquan, please refer to https://anaplanauthentication.docs.apiary.io/# for mechanism for API authentication using CA certificates.

Product Manager, Anaplan
Expert

Hi @winstonquan, please refer to https://anaplanauthentication.docs.apiary.io/# for mechanism for API authentication using CA certificates. We will release the v2.0 Integration APIs in near-term and you should find more information in the updated API user guide.

Product Manager, Anaplan