Get to Know the Community Team: Francis Murphy

Community Manager

We're excited to launch a new blog series, Get to Know Your Community Team, with the goal of introducing the people behind the scenes of the Anaplan Community. Today we're highlighting Francis Murphy, Director of the Anaplan Community. Fran has been with Anaplan since June 2017 and is based in the Minneapolis office.

In the coming months you'll meet the entire Community team and hear about our favorite planning tips and Community features. If you have any questions you'd like us to ask the team, feel free to share them in the comments section below!

What do you do at Anaplan?Fran_4.jpg

I am the Director of Community at Anaplan. This covers leading an awesome team who manage the experience in the Anaplan Community. Some call-out programs we own in Community include Master AnaplannerUser Groups, and Ask Me Anything.

What is your planning style?

I love process, and for me all good planning starts with even better process. My style when planning comes from understanding the process and any defects before the planning starts. Then it’s really about keeping it simple.

Do you have any favorite planning tips?

Similar to my style, always start with process. Good process sets you up for success. And then, keep it simple.

Favorite aspect of working at Anaplan and your job:

There is something special that draws you in at Anaplan. Yes, the people are super smart and the product is game changing, but there is something else that really gets under your skin at Anaplan. It is the intangible feeling that you are part of something special. That is what I love about working at Anaplan.

Fran_3.jpgWhat does Community mean to you?

Community means everything. When a company gets community right it can achieve something amazing. Mobilizing a group of people to connect, collaborate, engage and create is something so powerful. Community has become a bigger part of business than it has ever been over the past 10 years. Companies like Uber, Airbnb, and Duolingo have not only built businesses centered around community, but they have re-defined their industries through community.

Anaplan is re-defining the planning industry and the community we continue to build will be the hub for not just Anaplan but for a whole industry. This is how we will drive innovation and create a true movement centered around our ever growing community of planners.

What should users expect from the Anaplan Community?

Expect the Community to be all you need for your planning journey. Whether you have an idea, need support, want to become a Master Anaplanner, join a User Group, or so much more, it is in the Anaplan Community. As for the future, you can expect us to double down on content by bringing incredible guest bloggers and more video to the Community. You can also expect a more cohesive and integrated experience from your Community. Remember, if there is something else you would like from your Community, then reach out—or even better, log an idea!

1 Comment
Contributor
Great article about Fran and the team. The Community continues to go from strength to strength and is rapidly becoming the place to go to learn about all things planning. Kudos to the team.