Community Manager

Anaplan Community Account - Single Sign-On (SSO) FAQ - Updated 11/1/2019

Launched on August 29th (Check out our announcement here), your upgraded Anaplan Community account will begin to provide access to multiple systems in the Anaplan ecosystem. Our goal is to make this transition as simple and painless as possible. 

1. What is my Anaplan Community account for?

• Your Anaplan Community account is used to provide a single sign-on (SSO) solution to multiple Anaplan Services. As of 11/8/2019, your Anaplan Community account will be used to access the Anaplan Community and the Anaplan Learning System.
    2. Register an account

• You can begin the registration process by choosing "Register" in the top right corner while not logged into Community, or by visiting http://idusers.anaplan.com.
    3. Verification email and password setup

• Upon registration, an email verification will be sent to your email address. You will need to follow the link sent in the email to complete registration and set the secure password for your account.
    4. I have already activated my account, but upon clicking the activation email again am getting an error?

• Please log in at https://community.anaplan.com - once activated, you cannot use the activation email again else you will receive a token error.
    5. Reset password

• If you have trouble logging into Community or Learning, or would like to reset your password, follow the password reset process. Visit the login page to begin and choose "Forgot Password?" or follow this link: https://id.anaplan.com/signin/forgot-password
    6. Display name vs. email address

• Your display name (username) will be the publicly available name that everyone will see when you interact in Community, such as leaving a comment, sending a message, or creating a new idea. This could be a combination of your first name and last initial, or you can be creative and come up with something unique.
      • You will utilize your email address and password to log into Community and/or Learning.
    7. About roles

• The vast majority of our Community is open and doesn't require an account or specific access. We utilize a series of roles to provide the appropriate access for all other content. If you require a specific level of access that was not provided at the time of your account creation, please contact us at Community@Anaplan.com with the request and we would be happy to assist. 

8. Changing your email and/or display name.

9. Is my password safe?

• Yes, we provide rigorous security measures and controls to protect your information, and all passwords are 256-­‐bit AES encrypted.
    10. I received a token error upon signing in?

• This is usually caused by using the link in the activation email. This is a one-time email and can not be used again. Attempt to sign-in via the Community homepage. If you are still unable to log in and a password reset does not resolve it, please contact Community@Anaplan.com
    11. I have more questions, what should I do?

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Anaplan Community Account - Single Sign-On (SSO) FAQ - Launched 8/29/2019

A common error being reported is receiving a token or authentication-token error upon sign-in.  This issue is generally caused by clicking the activation link after having already activated your account.  Please try signing in to community using the sign in button in the top right corner.  Remember to sign in using your email address.  If unable to sign-in and continue to receive an authorization or token error, please contact Community@Anaplan.com