The Extensions Bulletin: August 2020

Certified Master Anaplanner

What's New Icon 128pt.jpg

The Extensions Bulletin | August 2020

What's New Present Icon 128pt.png

What's New?

• We've released Excel Add-in 4.0. Learn more on our version information page. We are still in the first phase in which the new version is only available through the feedback group. We are targeting the second phase for the coming weeks.
  • We have listened to the feedback from Master Anaplanners (dedicated forum - restricted access) and created great release content, succinct and with all the information you need to get started: blog, video, user guides and training material
  • We've created micro-lessons about the Extensions for you and your users, so you can learn about specific areas of the product. More to come in the future!
  • We ran user research sessions about download and device policies, to understand how these work in your organization and how we can better assist you. This will enable us to shape our roadmap to meet your needs.

People Icon 128pt.png

Community and Events

• More than 80 Community members are now part of the Extensions feedback group. We are having great conversations about the latest version and reaching out individually to assist users who need it. A customer-first approach for the first-ever Anaplan phased release!
  • Learn about the Extensions at CPX 2020:
    • the interactive Product Xperience Chat about Reporting and User Experience. I'll be answering all your questions about the Extensions
    • the Educate session "Agility with a Modern Planning Experience: A New Way to Plan: The Anaplan User Experience"
    • Information and registration

Vote for Ideas Icon 128px.png

Your Ideas

See an idea you like? Vote for it to increase its popularity.

• Ideas on roadmap

Certificate Icon 128px.png

Recognition

• In our Community, thank you @JaredDolich and @Misbah for your feedback about the release notes format, which I have implemented for this Excel Add-in 4.0 release.
  • At Anaplan, thank you to all the people who contributed to the latest release: in particular, Engineering (to build and test and add-in), Technical Content (for the Anapedia user guides), our internal subject matter experts (who gave their feedback) and our Support team.

Help Icon 128px.png

Did You Know?

• The Anaplan Add-on for Google Sheets in on Early Access. We are planning to expand the EA programme to customers who have registered their interest, before launching the product in General Availability. Speak to your Customer Success Business Partner and watch out for updates in the coming months in this bulletin!
Tips Icon 128pt.png

End-User Tips and Tricks

• Start your Excel Add-in journey with the basics - learn about the terminology to use. This helps facilitate the conversation between Anaplan users, and also with our Support team. Why not share this micro-lesson with your end users when they first start using the add-in?

Edit Icon 128pt.png

Model Builder Corner

• One of the most asked questions about the extensions is how security works. In summary, all the security settings of Anaplan (model role, selective access, dynamic cell access) apply to the extensions. Remember that workarounds with list filtering or hiding modules are not security features, so these don't apply to the extensions. Watch our micro-lesson for more details.

What's this bulletin?
It's a monthly update about the extensions, directly coming from the development team. Watch out for the next one at the end of each month.

How does it differ from the monthly release post?

Contrary to the release information which covers all the Anaplan products, we focus on the extensions.

Why should I care? How does it impact me?

If you are one of our 1,000+ users of the products, then you might want to read our bulletins as well to be on top of everything that's going on. If you are a Master Anaplanner or on the path to become one, you should definitely be interested in learning this information too.

Do you like this bulletin? Would you like to suggest ideas?

Give some kudos on this Community post and help share this article on LinkedIn. If you have suggestions or feedback, please write them in the comments.

2 Comments
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@MagaliP 

Thanks for the shoutout. This is amazing way of disseminating/sharing the information.Kudos

Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@MagaliP 

Absolutely brilliant. I'm so over my head inspired by your passion @MagaliP. I just want to use 4.0 because you're so excited about it!

Excel 4 Is Here.gif

Latest Articles
15 hours ago
by MagaliP
08-27-2020
by MagaliP
All Extensions Blogs
Extensions Blog
08-04-2020
by MagaliP
08-03-2020
by MagaliP