Benefits of the Extensions

Download our Google Sheets Add-on data sheet.

Business value

Efficient and seamless

Channel data efficiently with minimal manual effort: Analyze data and distribute reports to speed decisions

• Seamlessly connect Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint to Anaplan to keep Anaplan as the planning source of truth
  • Establish two-way connections, bringing source data from Anaplan into Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel and writing analysis from Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel back into Anaplan
  • Refresh reports and multiple worksheets in Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel with newly-calculated data within seconds

GS Screenshot 1.png

Flexible and connected

Connect Google Sheets to Anaplan for analysis and reporting: Align plans and decisions with the latest planning data

• Take advantage of Google Sheets / Microsoft Office features such as advanced ad-hoc analysis and collaboration with the latest planning data from Anaplan

• Create a variety of pixel-perfect charts and reports in Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel with live Anaplan data to meet the most demanding stakeholder reporting requests

• Apply either Anaplan or Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel styling and formatting to keep reporting consistent across the organization

GS Screenshot 2.png

What our customers say

Main benefits

Based on a survey ran in March 2020:

• 75% save time in report preparation
  • 73% need reports in a specific format
  • 68% can do ad-hoc analysis
  • 66% can share data with other people who do not have access to Anaplan
  • 57% find it easier to share reports
  • 54% have improved reporting quality
  • 38% benefit from a lower learning curve as they use a familiar tool
  • 29% like the ability to work offline
  • Save time for other people in the organisation
  • Additional modelling capabilities (e.g. VBA in Excel)

Customer Quote Cover.jpg

Benefits.png

Customer quotes

General

• "Big fan of the Excel Add-in"
  • "It is an extremely useful add-in both from Centre of Excellence and our business user perspective"
  • "It's a great tool for a lot of users who are familiar and use the Excel program and complements Anaplan well"
  • "The add-ins are terrific especially the now that we have the ability to push data back to Anaplan. Can't imagine life without them since it's a big factor in the overall value chain"
  • "Simple and flexible"
  • "Makes life easier"
  • "I have recommended to colleagues who have found them equally useful"
  • "I set up a training session and "How to" guide for people to be able to install and use the add-in, as I felt it was a very useful tool for our group to utilize"

Ad-hoc analysis

• "They are very functional for quick Excel reporting and analysis, standardizing presentations that must be in PowerPoint. and allow for many more formatting options than the Anaplan dashboards"
  • "Statistical Modeling using VBA, particularly classification methods like clustering. I need a way to iterate on the data"

Reporting

• "Office add-ins are very useful and help to run a report from Anaplan and share with others"
  • "I like that I can refresh/pivot my data without going to Anaplan, hence easy to make reports that require data coming from multiple modules"
  • "Our Excel add-in setup is fundamental to our Anaplan solution here. Many people utilise it to quickly integrate Anaplan into their monthly reports and create a live connection to it"

Time-saving

• "I have found the Excel add-in to be extremely useful in developing custom reports that can be easily updated based on our Anaplan models"
  • "Overall, it is a huge time-saver for the back office to send data to a wide audience"
  • "It saves time for other people in the organisation, not just me"

Usability

• "The add-in is much more user friendly for Anaplan users with limited experience."
  • "The Anaplan Excel add-in is relatively easy to use"
  • "The easiest way to get data out of Anaplan and be flexible"
  • "The 3.x versions are much easier and smoother to use"

Read more customer stories.

About the Author
Latest Articles
Templates
Extensions Knowledge Base
Wednesday
by MagaliP
Installation User Guides
Extensions Knowledge Base