Session 3 - London Meet up (Anaplan Modelers Forum UK)

Hi everyone, please can you let me know if you're available on either 12th or 13th June (6-8pm) for the next Anaplan Modelers Forum London meet up (session number 3). At the end of the last session we came up with the following list of agenda items with a specific focus on sharing our ideas and experiences of implementing Anaplan: 

• Interactive discussion: Experiences of Anaplan within our organisations – journeys so far?
  • How to improve the use of Anaplan across departments – breaking down the barriers to enable truly connected planning
  • Anaplan solutions and stakeholders - focusing your efforts on the most effective use cases and keeping stakeholders happy
  • Mobile App beta demo (Paul Gallagher)

Please can each of you post a message on here with your availability as well as any agenda ideas or feedback for the next meet up.

Thanks

Yugnesh 

Comments

• Hi Yugnesh,

Thanks for organising. I am free both days.

• Sorry, I can't make either date.
  • Well done @Yugnesh.Patel,

12th is definitely a no-no for me, I will try and see if I could join on the 13th (not sure). As I'm commuting to London to work on  a project, Monday or Tuesday generally work better for me.

The agenda looks good to me : easy to fill the 2 hours with that agenda (depending on number of attendees?).

A few extra notes from me, for consideration : 

> Would it be possible to pencil the next few dates so that we could book our calendars in advance accordingly ? It should help keep the momentum going

> Are there any actions/updates following on from the previous session ? From memory the key one from me was around the Idea Exchange section, process, monitoring and speed of execution. Happy to articulate this separately, if it helps ? Is it worth allocating 15 minutes at the beginning of each session to go through this sort of things ? It might help with accountability, prep work, etc (for both us and Anaplan?)

> In line with what @MagaliP raised last time and how we can really tailor this group and make it very unique. How about a specific session on the new UX, but with a twist ? The starting assumption is that all of us could/should have access to the training material. How about Anaplan sharing specific updates on new features, best practices, learned lessons, etc ? And perhaps some of us showcasing what we have done so far ? 

> How about showcasing some dashboarding examples from our use cases ? Perhaps including things we are proud of and things we aren't so proud in order to capture thoughts and feedback on both? This could generate some interesting discussions and takeaways ? 

Thanks,

Alessio

• Thanks for the feedback and ideas Alessio - all very useful! In terms of dates for the next meet up would you be able to make the 10th or 11th June instead? We don't have to have the session on the dates I originally suggested - I did that to get a feel of peoples availability but if we have to move things to maximise people's attendance that's fine.

Yugnesh

• Hi, 

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm going to be away between the 6th and the 12th.

A part from that I should be in London every Tuesday night but I could try and move things around, sometimes. I was even tempted to suggest web conferencing but I wonder if it would defeat the purpose of a local group? 

Thanks,

Alessio

• Ok no worries Alessio, I'll keep the suggested dates as is and we can see what people's availability is like. We will also discuss your ideas and feedback at the next session.

Thanks

Yugnesh 

• Please can everyone below let me know whether the proposed dates for the next London Meet up work for you:

@jatinnayi 

@Brad 

@sheena.davies 

@andrewtye 

@Joanne 

@StephanieH 

@Sneha 

@dan.laws 

@james_lo 

@Rich.Buttivant 

(Responses received from Magali_P , Alessio_Pagliano , Scorina) 

Thanks

Yugnesh

• Please can everyone below let me know whether the proposed dates for the next London Meet up work for you:

@Sally 

@roger.griffin1 

@antoinettecool 

@usman.zia 

@domguinness 

@domg 

@Susan 

@Jcorlett 

(Responses received from Magali_P , Alessio_Pagliano , Scorina

Thanks

Yugnesh

• Hi @Yugnesh.Patel 

I can make either dates. 

Thanks,

Usman

• I could make the 13th

• Hi @Yugnesh.Patel I can make the 12th of June

• @jatinnayi  - can you make the 13th June?

• @Yugnesh.Patel unfortunately not, sorry.

• Hi Yugnesh

I am very rarely in London so while I am free on 12th June (not 13th June), I'll only be able to join if there are (video) conferencing arrangements. Did you try this at either of the last two meetups?

Thanks,

Stephanie

• Sorry for the delay, I can do either.

• Hi @Yugnesh.Patel, I can make the proposed dates. Looking forward to it. Roger

• Hi Yugnesh,

Any day 10th - 13th June works for me.

Thanks,

Brad

• Hi Yugnesh,

I am free on both dates.  Happy with the agenda items; and I'll add to that list if I can think of additional ones.

Thanks, James

• Sounds like it's going to be a good event but unfortunately I'm going to be away on those dates.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can make the next one.

Karyn

• Hi everyone, so if we held the next London meet up on 13th June we would have the following attendees:

Me, Magali, Usman, Alessio, Dom, Roger, Brad, James and Paul

(Apologies Jatinnayi and StephanieH - if anything changes at your end please join us) 

If you haven't done so please can you confirm whether you're able to attend - I think I'm still to hear back from:

@sheena.davies 

@Rich.Buttivant 

@andrewtye 

@Joanne 

@Sneha 

@dan.laws 

@Aleph 

In terms of agenda items please keep posting here and I will collate prior to the next meet up.

Thanks

Yugnesh

• Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay Yugnesh. I'm afraid I am on holidays on the dates but I look forward to reading the minutes and joining the next session!

Talk soon! Sneha 

• Fyi - @Paul will be doing a demonstration of the Mobile App!

Yugnesh

• Hi Yugnesh

June 13th is good for me.

Thanks

Hannah

• I can do 12th June.

Regards

Sheena
  • Hi - Sorry been away for the last few days. At the moment won't be able to make this one, that might change depending on how my current project proceeds.

• Hi Yunesh,

I will be there all things being well.

Looking forward to it.

Suggestion on topics;

1. The best practice for finding and removing inefficient parts of models

2. How others devolve locking/freezing various scenarios within models; and manage access rights throughout a monthly cycle

3. How we can quickly/easily integrate apps from the community in to our models

Many thanks

Richard

• I'm seeing some interesting points. Would it be worth creating some a backlog and a quick voting system to prioritize items ? 

I've got another one : 

- Tools, strategies and best practices for debugging model performances. To be more specific, this point could be split in two streams :

1) Anaplan has access to tools that provide key information on model behaviour and performances, but we don't. eg Splunk/Model Open analysis outputs are a prime example. How can we leverage/improve in this area ?

2) On the other hand there are some best practices, steps that could be performed systematically from model builders. 

Happy to present a specific example as a starting point for discussion.

Is this of interest ?

• Hi Yugnesh,

Unfortunately I can't make either date.  I don't work in London and so I'll only be able to attend if I'm visiting for something else.  Looking forward to reading the output though!

Thanks,

Sally

• Hi Yugnesh

Unfortunately I can't make either of the dates.  June is proving to be a very busy month 🙂  

• Anaplan Modelers Forum London Meetup: 13th June (6-8pm) @ Anaplan office (7th floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9AG)

Hi everyone, I’ve spoken to Anaplan and they are happy to host us for the next London Meet up on 13th June. Currently we have the following attendees:

• Confirmed: Me, Magali, Usman, Alessio, Dom, Roger, Brad, James, Richard, HTyler and Paul
    • TBC: Andrew Tye
    • Unlikely: Jatinnayi and StephanieH - if anything changes at your end please join us 

In terms of an agenda we’ve had a number of good ideas posted here – especially from Alessio and Rich (thanks). We will continue to tailor this group to the needs of the members with a focus on supporting each other through sharing our Anaplan journeys and best practice.

I would like to suggest that we use the session on 13th June to collectively review people’s ideas on tailoring the group (topics, format etc) and start to share our Anaplan experiences. Also, it will be an opportunity to speak to @Paul about getting additional support from Anaplan if required.

Please continue to post feedback, ideas, topics, suggestions etc here ahead of the session.

Thanks

Yugnesh

Categories