Changing seperator in csv export to semicolon

Hello everyone, 

I would like to change the seperator in the CSV export from a comma to a semicolon. Does anyone of you know if this is possible? 

Kind regards, 
Ralf 

Tagged:

Best Answer

• PaulRitner
    Answer ✓

Good Grief!  My bad!

No, I don't see any way to do that.  Even after saving the export action, there's no way to edit/change the delimiter.

If you wanted to get fancy, you could create a module that concatenates the columns in the export into a single line item (string) that includes the correct delimiter, and export that for downstream consumption.

The above aside, if the integration is going to be automated/scheduled, then part of the process could be to change the delimiter.   This could be as simple as a batch script, or something a developer/IT resource would handle in a more formal manner.

Paul

Answers

• Hello,

I ran a test where I created a CSV file (with comma separators), then changed the commas to semicolons (using notepad), and saved the CSV.  When I imported the file, Anaplan identified the separator as a semicolon and correctly loaded the file.

Therefore, the answer is 'yes'

Cheers!

• Dear Paul,
    Thank you for your reply.

I think i didn't state my question correctly.

I'm looking for a way to export from Anaplan with semicolons as seperators ,not comma's.  This is because other ERP systems use Semicolons instead of comma's as seperators. therefore we need to change the comma's to semicolons by hand before we can import our Anaplan export's into other systems.

Kind regards,
    Ralf

• Hi Paul,

I think it's time to get fancy then and make a long text string then for a short time solution. Creating an interface between two systems will be the long term solution.

Kind regards,
    Ralf