ALLPERIODS Value function

We currently have time functions to return the MONTHVALUE, QUARTERVALUE, YEARVALUE etc... it would be helpful to add a final function which will return the Time.All Periods value, this would enable developers to avoid having to add summary methods to determine the all periods value.

It may be there is a work-around but ran into this today and felt this function would have saved me creating a couple of line items which I didn't need. 

1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• @sean_culligan 

Any reason why [SELECT:Time.All Periods] is not an option?

David

• @DavidSmith 

My case is where I don't want to add a summary just for the sake of getting and all periods value. 

So in the case below, I have a monthly module with values:

Jan 19Feb 19Mar 19Q4FYAll Periods
    102030---

Without needing a summary method, I can get the QUARTERVALUE and YEARVALUE, but I can't get ALLPERIODS. I could only get the all periods if I added a summary method and then did the select.

Where I would commonly use this is on a large inbound module where you are checking for empty records. If I could avoid having to add summaries then that would save me a fair amount of space.

• OK, makes sense

If your target module doesn't have time, you can also use TIMESUM(), with no parameters

David

• @DavidSmith 

Thanks, I should have thought of that really. This request looks to be resolved then 🙂

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!