Ability for customers to set time frame for when sessions will time out

A detailed description of the enhancement that is being requested:
The Anaplan timeout is currently set at 30 min for ALL users of Anaplan. This setting should be set at the CUSTOMER level so that the customer can control what is an appropriate timeout for their organization. Some may want 10 min timeouts for stricter security, and some may want 10 hr timeouts so they can run processes overnight if needed.
A global timeout does not solve any security issues, it just restricts everyone to use the same global setting. This needs to be flexible.

To provide more clarification, could you please explain how you hope the enhancement would assist in your business process(es)?:
Same as above – Every business needs the flexibility to determine what is an appropriate timeout for their users to ensure the proper security and usability for their specific org.

15 Comments
Occasional Contributor

As a model builder, I would like to be able to set the global time-out of my models so that our users are not kicked out of the platform automatically after 30 mins of inactivity. It would help ensure that users don't have to try navigating back to the original view they were in before the period of inactivity.

Community Manager

Status changed to: Needs Community Support
Community Manager

Status changed to: Considered for Future Roadmap
Community Manager

Status changed to: Under Investigation
Contributor

Request that the automatic log out time for users be extended to 1 hour or allow admins to be able to set the idle time limit beyond the 30-minute timeframe. Our team has to log in several times throughout the day as they prep for meetings and reviews along with having to reset the dashboards that were initially on their screens.  The current limit of 30 minutes is not enough for our team. It has become to be time-suck and an everyday annoyance for our team to log into Anaplan again and again throughout the day and having to pull up all the dashboards we were working with again and again. 

Community Manager

Status changed to: Needs Community Support
New Contributor

I agree with the proposal to increase idle timeout limit to 1 hour. It would be welcomed by our users, thanks!

Certified Master Anaplanner

I agree with this suggestion. As long as it does not affect the performance of the model, it would help save our team time as well.

The big cause of this is if someone has to go to a meeting, and then come back a keep working in Anaplan. It does not leave enough time for the user to be away if they need to immediately come back and look at something in the model.

New Contributor

I agree. I think it would be nice to allow for the admin to set the limit.

New Contributor

I agree.  Allowing our admins to set the limit would be ideal.  Our users complain about this often when they have multiple windows open and have to login again.

New Contributor

Yes!  This would be a great improvement and will certainly improve the user experience.  Allowing admins to set the timeout is ideal since it will allow each admin to adhere to the policies set forth by their company.

New Contributor

Agree. Increase the time out limit would be greatly improve our user experience. Hope model admin can set the timeout as needed.

Community Manager

Status changed to: Under Investigation
Certified Master Anaplanner

Following - I agree this needs to be a parameter owned by customers, ideally by application/workspace

New Contributor

For authentication assurance level 3 (AAL3), the following controls apply which require a tenant an/or model specific session Time out setting:

Reauthentication: 12 hours or 15 minutes inactivity; SHALL use both authentication factors

Users Online
Currently online: 207 members 356 guests