Ability to import archived model to a different workspace

Ability to import archived model to a different workspace

We would like the ability to import a copy of a model that is archived in one workspace to another one of our workspaces. Right now, to get at an archived copy of one of our production models, we have to archive the current live model, bring back the copy, import over to another workspace, re-archive the copy, and bring back the production model. This is time consuming and prevents users from being able to use the production model during this time. 

It would be very helpful if we could import a copy directly to another workspace without having to archive the production model. We are working with a 90GB model in one case so having a workspace large enough for two copies is not an option.

11 Comments
Community Manager

Status changed to: Your support is needed
Community Boss

Status changed to: Under Investigation
Occasional Contributor

The ability to import an archived model to a different workspace would be helpful.

New Contributor

Definitely recommended change and would be helpful if Anaplan team can look into this.

Certified Master Anaplanner

We have the same issue, this would definitely valuable feature for those of use who have models with >50% of workspace allowance

Occasional Contributor

This would be great to have!

Occasional Contributor

Yes, i would also wanted to ask the same question, since i have created a lot of modules in one environment and know that access is about to end & i need all my modules in different workspace .

Can someone please help in this.

Regards:

Shweta

In my case, this would be useful because I am trying to pull up an archived Production version to compare with our live Production model to investigate some variances. 

Could we add the ability to pull up an archived model from one workspace to another

Contributor

This is definitely an issue with us.  Archiving a live model removes the history so when we bring it back it is less useful to the end users.

New Contributor

Please add the ability to copy archived models from one workspace to another without bringing it online. Sometime we don't have enough space to bring it online so would be great to move it to another workspace to bring it online. Also, this feature would enable clients and partner with self-serve option for managing archived models. 

Users Online
Currently online: 61 members 436 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: