Ability to insert "white space" rows in modules/dashboards

As a model builder, I would like to have the ability to insert a "No Data" row, or something similar, that does not require a Line Item name. 

I would know that I am successful when I could insert rows into a module (e.g. P&L) to break up the data and provide viewing cues as to seperation between data groupings (e.g. line items under Operating Expenses).

The challenge today is that without the "white space" rows, a detailed P&L can look like a list of Line Items and not something that is formatted for executive level consumption/presentation.

Tagged:
35 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: In Review
  • That would be very useful and avoid some change management issues when executives don't want to change from specific format / template for their analysis. In some cases, we have to find workarounds, or even the users export the data out of Anaplan for formatting purpose only

• Hi Teduback
    you can name your line item "⠀" it will appear blank in your module
    Just copy paste the character between the quotes
    Julien

• I've been looking for that blank text character for months! I used it at my last company but couldn't find it again after I switched companies a few months ago. Thank you for providing it!!

• We temporarily use the code in these quotes "⠀". It appears blank in here, but it is an ANSI code that appears blank in Anaplan. For more than 1 line item in the same module, we just paste it in more than once.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!