Ability to open a module directly from drill down dialog

Drill down is helpful, but once I find what I want to look at in order to open the module, I have to do the following steps:

remember / copy the module name, close out of the drill down dialog, go to settings tab, select modules, search for the module, select it and click open.  This is a workflow is tedious and pretty disjointed.

Ideally I would drill down and when I find what I want to view, I would click the down arrow and open the module from there. I have mocked this up in a screenshot to illustrate the idea.

Anaplan - Drilldown Open Module.PNG

Tagged:
51 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: Delivered
  • I've implemented a prototype of this. 

• @Rebecca @oliver_smithson I was nicely surprised to find that this feature is now live (delivered).  Thank you!  Nice work.  

• While being delivered ... the only thing that is a little annoying is that when you are drilling down really deep into varous modules ... and eventually find the one you want to open ... the open source module is placed "in the wrong place". 

It looks to me as it is a moving object and when I scroll down the drill down sequences I have done ... it does keep moving.

The moment you click on the arrow you are moved to the start view of your drill down [maybe it is unintentional ... but a little annoying as I said].

[Guess that was not raised by anyone - so I am raising this :)]

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!