Add XOR formula

Title says it all, a XOR formula would be really helpful and reduce formula length when trying to test an exclusive or.

For those unfamiliar, here is the logic table for XOR. It acts as an OR however if both inputs are TRUE, then XOR returns false.

XOR.png

3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: New
  • @Nicolas Cadier 

One use case I can think of that might take advantage of this is when I need to make sure I have one, and only one, TRUE. I do this all the time for validation work. Would you envision this working across a list? Meaning it tests all the list items and only returns a TRUE if only one of the conditions is TRUE?

• jlittleh
    edited April 15

Note XOR gate definition produces a 1 logic output for an input of an ODD number of logic 1s, hence it will be Exclusive for two arguments only.

If you'd like an Exclusive function or operator over a list of arguments, (only one TRUE argument produces a TRUE output) then you may use 1=(the count or sum of the 1s).

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!