Calculation Function / Formula context specific suggestions

When typing in a calculation function, show a dropdown box that provides possible matches

Example 1: In the formula box when you type "Da" a tooltip suggests "DATE, DAY, DAYS, DAYSINMONTH, DAYSINYEAR.." etc

Example 2 (List/Module specific): When typing "Employees. " a tooltip suggests your available Properties or Line Items that match "Employees.Start Date, Employees.End Date, Employees.Salary..." etc

3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Provide suggestions and autocomplete when entering formulas, to make it easier for the user to select the right field and view the available options.

• Status changed to: New
  • This has been done as a Chrome extension previously, so some ability is already out there. It would be really useful for our Newbies in particular

• The idea is very much that of a developer's IDE. As you begin typing, there is an awareness of available functions (+ syntax) and variables in it's current context. A modern IDE will actually help you auto-complete for frequently-used code snippets. It would be great to have this kind of feature built in to Anaplan's formula editor to prevent mistyping or even display available features/functions that the formulat editor never knew about.

• Hi, like in Excel one can easily see all the potential functions while typing the functions name with close proximity, can't we have the same kind of feature in Anaplan too.

Thanks!

• @sharmagh 

As part of our enhancing our modelling experience, we are looking at providing something like this.

• Also if possible can we have page break setting on dashboard like, if i want to break my module in 2-3 pages so that when I export it to pdf i get my module in 2-3 pages.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!