Change in Anaplan Connect Error handling to include functional errors

Options
While working on a requirement to handle errors in Anaplan processes, we checked and tested few cases if we could capture return/exit code (i.e. error level) sent from Anaplan job processes to determine whether the process was successful or failure (This part is handled in Task.class file of AnaplanConnect (anaplan-connect-1.4.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar) using batch script). For few scenarios, we did not get the expected result where the Error level was returned as 0 (success) whereas the actual process was failed due to some failure in operation with message “The operation failed”. 1) Exit code 1 is returned only in case of error such as Oracle errors, network issues, missing workspace, Anaplan API exceptions, etc. 2) It sends exit code as 0 (success) when the process operation fails with message “The operation failed”. It is not regarded as error. I would like to submit an idea to change Anaplan Connect Error handling to include functional errors.
9 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• I'd like to add onto this item since our organization is experiencing similar issues. As it stands, there is still no robust indication of whether or not a process run was truly successful. For example, we had a job run one of our processes which failed and created log entries, however we received the green success status back without an error flag. Is it possible to implement a more detailed view/status of processes with additional insight into key details of said process? More specifically seeing a list of error codes and specific failures would be extremely beneficial.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!