Configure Default Number format for an Anaplan Model

As a Model Builder, I would like to select a Number format for an entire model ("Global Default Number Format" ?). This could be very helpful for us to save time. This can work like the selection of the "Global Default Gride Style" in the Dashboard Settings.

Tagged:
66 votes

Not Planned · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: Not Planned
  • Status changed to: Not Planned
  • Thank you for your idea submission.  After careful review with our internal product teams on your idea, we have decided this does not fit our current platform road map. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your suggestions, and encourage you to continue to do so in the future. 

• Can you use copy and paste in the blueprint view to acheive the same goal?
  • Shame... was just thinking that this would be a really useful thing to have. Just about to do a new use case and am *really* looking forward to setting my numbers to 0 dp and my percentages to 1 dp!

• Any chance that you can reconsider this and give it a second thought?

There is a default today, every time I setup a new line item it has the settings for Zero format, Thousand Seperator and Decimal Point. and I have to change these every time depending on customer preferences.

And given that you recommend Hyphen instead of Zero for the Zero Format setting for Sparsity that alone could be an easy change.

Cheers!

• Hello, 

I would also agree with the ask that this get's re-evaluated.  I think the ability to set settings defaults at a top-level level would be very beneficial.  I'm from a Coca-Cola Bottler and a majority of our models deal in 2 decimal places, so we are constantly changing to that option vs doing it once.  

Thank you!

• Really want this too - think of currency format - i know the company and model is always GBP and i always want to display Blank instead of distracting zeros.  Thats my master setting

• This would be a huge help in many models. Hope it is reconsidered.

• Also agree that this would be very useful.

For me it would be setting the default options so that any new line items are created with the correct formatting rather than having to change them every time.

• I agree that this would be a help. Configuring this for each number line is not lean working.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!