Create a "Date Last Modified" column in Modules to let Admins see when line items were last changed

Create a "Date Last Modified" column in Modules to let Admins see when line items were last changed

I would like the ability to interrogate when a Module has received changes to specific line items to help in troubleshooting bugs. For example, when someone changes a line item's summary type, or formular, or data type, or name etc. this should ideally change the "Date Last Modified" for that line item.

I could see this "Date Last Modified" column being next to the "Notes" column in the module itself, being a read-only system generated date.  This would be helpful to quickly tell which line items have recently changed when tracing the source of newly discovered bugs.  

The content in this article has not been evaluated for all Anaplan implementations and may not be recommended for your specific situation.
Please consult your internal administrators prior to applying any of the ideas or steps in this article.
5 Comments
Community Manager

Status changed to: Needs Community Support
Community Manager

Status changed to: Under Investigation
Contributor

Very helpful in investigating issues.

New Contributor

In addition I suggest to record the user who last  made a change.

Certified Master Anaplanner

We would also agree with adding information as to which user made the changes. We also use a software called Prophet at our company and it includes that information (person and date/time of last change) which has been extremely helpful in the past. It would be helpful in Anaplan development as well.