Current Date and Time

It would be great to have a function to get current date and time. Timezone settings could be common for all users and maintained in the settings section

12 Comments
Community Manager

Status changed to: Needs Community Support
Community Boss

That would be great improvement to have, and avoid the somehow complexity of using Anaplan connect for retrieving the current date

Community Manager

Status changed to: Under Investigation
Contributor

This is a must to have functionality. Thanks for sharing this idea.

Frequent Contributor

Would be extremely useful! The workaround for an automated solution is quite painful at the moment!

Contributor

Currently Anaplan does not have a system date and we either use Anaplan Connect or Integration tool to import the current date.

Do we have any roadmap of including this into our tool

Contributor
Contributor

It will be extremely useful .We are currently working it out through integrations.

Community Manager

This is a large piece of work and may nuanced behaviours. We will investigate this further for consideration on our longer term roadmap. 

Status changed to: Considered for Future Roadmap
Certified Master Anaplanner

I think it would be great if we could even have a function that called on UTC date and time. We could write a formula to convert based on model needs. 

Certified Master Anaplanner

This was on the pipeline ready for release around 2018 and then disappeared so seems odd it went to 'needs community support'.

It would be a useful feature. If we could expand the users list to include a locale parameter then you could expand the functionality to give user specific time based dashboard filters. So would be very helpful.

Frequent Contributor

Just implemented another automated process using Informatica connector to get the current date. Granted, it wasn't hard but still seems unnecessary. I second @mcconachie comment. I know Anaplan is in the cloud and as long as we got the UTC time (or Epoch time based on 1/1/1970 UTC) we can suit it to our needs. Hope this becomes a reality. For large implementations, particularly ones where we need to make dynamic decisions about elapsed periods this is a pretty standard business requirement.

Users Online
Currently online: 246 members 260 guests