Current Date and Time

Current Date and Time

It would be great to have a function to get current date and time. Timezone settings could be common for all users and maintained in the settings section

36 Comments
New Contributor

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Are there any details you can share? Timeframe, etc? Appreciate the feedback!

Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@DavidSmith can't wait to see it!

@JASONDANIELSON 

Briefly, a function that returns todays date (note not time), based on a timezone parameter.  The parameter will need to be hard coded, but we will provide the list of available time zones. So if you need multiple time zones, you create multiple line items in a system module (not dimensioned by anything)

I have a simple modelling trick to take those line items and model it to users (or any other dimension) in different timezones if needed

You will see an entry in history for the line item (and any dependant downstream formulae) as and when the values change

If you restore a model to a locked model, the value will not change until you change the mode to unlocked

We are hoping to get this out in Q3 if possible

We are not looking at time stamps at this point - The history logging alone would cause issues, but the use cases for time stamps are probably better addressed through different means than a function

I hope this helps

David 

New Contributor

@DavidSmithGreat news David and really appreciate the follow up! 

Certified Master Anaplanner

Great news!! This will be very useful!

@alexpavel Agreed - the idea should be merged into the one you showed me as that's exactly the same requirement I'm looking for. As community boss, can you do this?

@angs75 Yep that's definitely a viable option whilst we don't have this sort of functionality!

Occasional Contributor

Status changed to: On Roadmap
Occasional Contributor

Status changed to: On Roadmap

Hi, 

We currently have a workaround process and some relevant enhancements.

@DavidSmith , are there any updates on the timeframes? eg is this something that is planned to be released this/next month ? (safe harbour statements apply, I guess). 🙂

Thanks,

Alessio

@Alessio_Pagliano 

All I can say is I'm pushing really hard to get this done, but it is not likely in the next few months, but hopefully will before the end of the year

Sorry that I can't say any more, but "you know the rules", I can say that it is a high priority

David

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt update @DavidSmith . I understand and the update has all I needed.

Cheers,

Alessio

This would be great for creating a timestamp when running an action.

@wwood 

Just to say, we are planning to add a timestamp in the actions screen to show when the action was last run

David

@DavidSmith  Is there a rough targeted timeframe for that enhancement?

@CallumW 

With all of the usual caveats!!!

We are aiming for Q1 2021

David

@DavidSmith  Thanks David!

Users Online
Currently online: 136 members 481 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: