Dependent dropdown list with Time Period

It would be great if I could create dependent dropdown lists with Time Period type. E.g. I have 2 line items with FY and HY types. And when I've selected FY18 in the first one, the second dropdown allows to select only H1 FY8 and H2 FY18, excluding items from other years

Tagged:
14 votes

Not Planned · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: Not Planned
  • Hi,

It would be great if we could set a dependent option for Time Period formatted line items as with list formatted. For example:

LI1 has a time period of Year (2020)

LI2 has a time period of Weeks/Month (if possible date as well) and could be dependent on the year Selected in LI1

In models with larger time calendars, this could greatly benefit the user experience when only a certain period time values would be expected in the dropdown. 

At the moment you could only achieve this by using dummy time lists but would be nice for the native time dimension as well. 

Andris

• I think I upvoted that a while ago; now there's a time when I need it again : ) This feature feels like an increadibly useful one to me. Thanks!

• This feature would drastically improve end user experience. Can we please get this back into consideration? 

• This would be very helpful

• Any update on this?

I think this is something almost every single Anaplan model can use!

• Hello, I would see the benefit having this feature for the native time.

At times from NUX and end-user perspective, the drop down selections with native time are not ideal when multiple periods are in use in model settings.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!