Disable "Format-->Show all Rows or Columns" Dashboard Menu

I want to have the ability to disable "Format-->Show all Rows or Columns" Dashboard Menu, so that enduser cannot modify the predefined view and the list items predefined by the workspace admin

Tagged:
20 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: New
  • It is pretty common that I need to publish a module to a dashboard to show data as "Read Only".

While I can turn off the "Open Source Module" option for a grid, any user can still right-click and select "Show all columns" to see all line items if they choose.  And worse this function is not something an Admin can prevent.

So in order to prevent unwanted user access to the source data, as a workaround I typically create a read-only module (taking up more space) that house the specific line items I want shown on the dashboard that all simply point back to the source module. This would all be unnecessary if an Admin could disable users' ability to "Show All Columns".  

Much like my feature request to have the "Open Source Module" function controlled globally by role, this too should allow control by Admin at the role level, meaning I could allow certain roles to show all columns, and restrict it for other roles.

• Agreed.  I do not currently know of a way to restrict the user from un-hiding potentially sensitive information by simply showing columns.  The only way that I know to protect such data from the end user is to create a separate module that does not include that data, and do a bunch of linking between modules which is a waste of time and workspace.  Unless anyone has any ideas of how to accomplish this using existing functionality?

Thanks,

Josh

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!