Format Column Alignment

It would be amazing if we could align data in table columns to left, right or center. When you have two columns next to each other and one is text and the other is number then they look like they run together due to the alignment of the data format. Also, it just doesn't look very nice. 

Tagged:
87 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

Currently on report tables in management reporting you can set alignment for data in a table but this is not yet possible in Grids on boards/worksheets. We are working on having this capability available for grids/worksheets for the second half of 2024.

Comments

• This would be a huge UX improvement!

• Status changed to: New
  • Agreed, having the ability to show / present your data more clearly is critical and would be a big improvement

• I agree, as well. This alignment feature would improve the visibility of the data.

• + 1 please allow UX to align cell values - left, middle and right

• Agree! Even if we can't have left, middle and right, it would be great if we could at least align text and number to same side since it is currently opposite (left for text and right for number).

• Agreed!

• Folks,  this is not optional.  We must have this.  Right now i have a number box of just one column on top left of NUX screen. the numbers are presented way off to the right on just one column.  I have to use 7 nux columns just to the number '£12.00'  Inserting a blank card and shoving it over to the left doesn't work.  Putting the box on the right of the screen helps but why should i have to?

In other examples i have changed to a text field to force the justification to the left. 

• Agreed. This should be basic functionality.

• Agreed.  Readability for tables in UX would be greatly improved with ability to left/right/center justify data, agnostic of line item format (text, number etc.)

• Agree, clients have asked for that a couple of times especially when you have a few columns and they are wide because the table is automatically adjusted to fit the screen.

• I agree- does anyone know if Anaplan is working on this now and any timetable for release?

• Totally agree. this would greatly improve the readability of grids like the one below

• +1 for this!

• Still a major complaint about usability of Anaplan. Need to see this on the roadmap for 2024.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!