Ignore blank dates for MIN calculations

I'd like Anaplan to ignore blank dates when performing MIN calculations: MIN, x[MIN:y], and MIN as a summary function.

For numbers, I can see why 0 is evaluated since sometimes those are true zeroes, but for dates this makes much less sense. With dates, I would want the MIN calculations to return blank only if all of the items are blank or do not exist.

24 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Indeed it would be useful to have the possibility to ignore "blanks" or "zeros" for MIN functions adding a parameter to the function/summary method. 

Thanks

Alex

• Status changed to: In Review
  • This bug/feature request is part of a generalized issue with how Anaplan does not distinguish between null vs zero values.  This also shows up in treating nulls as zeros in all aggregation functions--I'm thinking of Average specifically.  I'd encourage that this be fixed for ALL aggregations, not just MIN.

• Status changed to: In Review
  • Especially in combination with Gantt charts, this is important to better understand aggregated start dates, and it should be optional. 

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!