Import users through a button published in the dashboard

Hi Team,

It would be great if we can Import a list of users and updating their attributes through a button published in the dashboard.

Thanks

Sathya

Tagged:
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: New
  • @SathyaM - maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to do, but if you are talking about updating the user list from a file or from data stored in a module by pressing a button, you can do that. The action can only be run by a user with administrator rights though (I've put in a request here to expand that).

There is a training course that talks about managing user access settings (roles and selective access) in a module and using import actions to update the user list. It's a good overview - I utilized a similar method for managing access across all of our models. This is the course, I believe: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Academy-Classes/Automating-User-Access/ta-p/27288

If you want to import from a file, that is a little tricky but there is a specific set of steps you can follow to make it work. I'd recommend instead though that you load the data into a module first and then into the users list using the above method as you can avoid the workaround issue.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!