In blueprint view, show if a line item is used in a filter

In blueprint view, we can see if a line item is referenced by a formula, but not if it's used in a filter. When cleaning models, we can end up deleting items used in filters and breaking filters with no warning.
Tagged:
45 votes

Not Planned · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: Not Planned
  • This would be extremely helpful when reviewing models that others have put together. We greatly need this feature at our current client.

• Status changed to: Not Planned
  • In my last project this feature would have been a big help. Perhaps a new Tab could be created next to Line Items in the Modules node of the Explorer menu. This could show the line items used in each view by module and the filter condition etc.

• Have run into this problem multiple time, currently only comments can be used but some functionality would be nice.

Additionally the subsidiary view would also be nice to be referenced

• As it we just did our spring clean-up in Data Hub, this would have saved quite some time...

• Totally agree - I do encourage you to use the notes column to identify that it is used.  Not perfect but better than nothing for now

David

• I believe this feature would greatly enhance end user’s ability to more easily determine whether a line item is needed or at the very least if you can turn off summaries to reduce model size and improve performance.  Please add to the roadmap.

• Thank you for your idea submission. After careful review with our internal product teams on your idea, we unfortunately have decided this does not fit our current platform road map. Unfortunately, this piece of work is quite difficult to do. When weighed against other feature enhancement, it does not provide as much value for how much work it would be to implement as other enhancements. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your suggestions, and encourage you to continue to do so in the future. If you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to the Anaplan team through here or Community@Anaplan.com.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!