Increase number of items in list where hierarchy drop down view is available

if a page selector is part of hierarchy, drop down list is presented with nodes this allows groupping items and easy to navigate inside hierarchypic hierrachy view is available.png

in case number of items inside the list exceeded 1000 , this fuctionality stops working, thus the nodes are not available anymore.

please increase number of items up to 10 000 where this functionality will be availablepic hierrachy view is not available.png

Tagged:
26 votes

Not Planned · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: Not Planned
  • Dear All,

I support this Idea, and I have noticed the same issue. when number of items is above 1'000, the Tree view in the List is not available.

Tree_View_limit.png

It is difficult in that case in design mode to search or check the list. Moreover, when you need to reorder the items, you have to scroll in all the list (without hierarchy available), it is a waste of time.

Moreover, if you use the list as Page Selector in a Dasboard, you do not have the hierarchy, you have to scroll with the mouse or type and hope to find the records. It is annoying and a waste of time for users when looking for items in the list. When you know that users have to go accross more then 1000 items, you can imagine the waste of time for just searching items!

Please, increase the limit at least to 10'000Items under which Tree view is available (100'000 would be far better, and ideally no limit should exist)

Geoffroy

• Is there a solution for this problem?
    I have the same issue in a numbered list with over 1,000 memebersUntitled.jpg

• When this enhancement could be done?

Thank you very much.

• 100% agree.

It would be nice if there were no limit on how many list members could be in an expandable/collapsible page selector drop-down.

If this restriction cannot be removed for some unknown reasons, can it be change to at least 5000?

• Im agree with the Idea of having collapse lists with more than 1000 items 

• I know of at least one other competing product whose limitation is in the 100's of millions. The Grid View "workaround" is not great for reviewing the hierarchy and checking the location of list members, etc.

• Just came across the same issue.
    Any update on this Anaplan?

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!