Register

Link longitude and latitude to the map graph on Dashboard

Link longitude and latitude to the map graph on Dashboard

Description of the enhancement required:
Link longitude and latitude to the map graph in Anaplan.

How would it help your business process:

To show where depots are on the map and provide information related to this depot. This would be helpful as most of the detail is how we transport between set depots, wanted a visual image to show this. This would allow me to build by levers to show the network. 

4 Comments
AnaplanIdeas
Community Manager

Status changed to: Considered for Future Roadmap
vicky_ascencio
Occasional Contributor

Status changed to: On Roadmap
hendersonmj
Contributor

A distance function would be nice:  DISTANCE(<lat1>, <lon1>, <lat2>, <lon2>, <MI or KM>). We are using it for sales territory and supply chain logistics, but the calcs are pretty complicated ... better done in code, rather than 10 line items.

tbeck
Certified Master Anaplanner

I second @hendersonmj with the idea of a distance function. 

I currently have 40,000 zip codes with longitude and latitude parameters.

I have the zip codes for all my client's warehouses and manufacturing plants, as well as all of their distributors and retailers.

Using the "Zip Code Data Hub" I want to cross-reference the manufacturing plant locations with the distributor's and retailers' locations within "x" amount of miles.

This will ultimately provide "what if" scenarios for natural disasters, resource depletion, trend analysis on weather patterns and sales correlations, etc and establish hindsight on the reallocation of resources to avoid damage costs, capsize on a sales opportunity, and demographic analysis per location by product. 

The calculation can easily be computed in excel using the formula:=ACOS(COS(RADIANS(90-Lat1)) *COS(RADIANS(90-Lat2)) +SIN(RADIANS(90-Lat1)) *SIN(RADIANS(90-Lat2)) *COS(RADIANS(Long1-Long2))) *6371

Where 6371 is the radius in km of the earth and the Latitude and Longitude values are calculated in radians using trigonometric functions such as ACOS, COS, SIN, and RADIANS.

There is currently no Anaplan equivalent for trigonometric functions, and does Anaplan foresee these functions to be obtainable in the future?