Link longitude and latitude to the map graph on Dashboard

Description of the enhancement required:
Link longitude and latitude to the map graph in Anaplan.

How would it help your business process:

To show where depots are on the map and provide information related to this depot. This would be helpful as most of the detail is how we transport between set depots, wanted a visual image to show this. This would allow me to build by levers to show the network. 

Tagged:
2 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: On Roadmap
  • Status changed to: On Roadmap
  • A distance function would be nice:  DISTANCE(<lat1>, <lon1>, <lat2>, <lon2>, <MI or KM>). We are using it for sales territory and supply chain logistics, but the calcs are pretty complicated ... better done in code, rather than 10 line items.

• I second @hendersonmj with the idea of a distance function. 

I currently have 40,000 zip codes with longitude and latitude parameters.

I have the zip codes for all my client's warehouses and manufacturing plants, as well as all of their distributors and retailers.

Using the "Zip Code Data Hub" I want to cross-reference the manufacturing plant locations with the distributor's and retailers' locations within "x" amount of miles.

This will ultimately provide "what if" scenarios for natural disasters, resource depletion, trend analysis on weather patterns and sales correlations, etc and establish hindsight on the reallocation of resources to avoid damage costs, capsize on a sales opportunity, and demographic analysis per location by product. 

The calculation can easily be computed in excel using the formula:=ACOS(COS(RADIANS(90-Lat1)) *COS(RADIANS(90-Lat2)) +SIN(RADIANS(90-Lat1)) *SIN(RADIANS(90-Lat2)) *COS(RADIANS(Long1-Long2))) *6371

Where 6371 is the radius in km of the earth and the Latitude and Longitude values are calculated in radians using trigonometric functions such as ACOS, COS, SIN, and RADIANS.

There is currently no Anaplan equivalent for trigonometric functions, and does Anaplan foresee these functions to be obtainable in the future?

• This is absolutely what I would want as well as part of coverage modelling. I am trying to get coordinate data of accounts and calculate distance from sales office but those functions are not available.

• @Priscilla_Kim 

This is exactly what I was needing to calculate radians for, including the distance from DC's and the cost of freight based on Zip Code.

The best solution I came up with right now is to take a full list of Zip Codes, and create subsets for the specific locations of Businesses, and Distribution Centers, or Selling Offices. 

There can only be a comparison of 2 lists at a time using this method, an X Axis and a Y Axis.

tbeck_2-1635356352237.png

1. Create Two Lists, a) Zip_Lattitude and b) Zip_Longitude 

2. Create Subsets to Apply to Modules to decrease the size, you will have the exact number of columns as rows.

3. Calculate the distance of each zip code using the formula: 

=ACOS(COS(RADIANS(90-Lat1)) *COS(RADIANS(90-Lat2)) +SIN(RADIANS(90-Lat1)) *SIN(RADIANS(90-Lat2)) *COS(RADIANS(Long1-Long2))) *6371 (km) or * 3961 (miles) - radius of earth

4. Compare the Zip Codes to Google Maps, the distances will be close, but these are nautical miles based on the hypotenuse so they will not be 10% accrutate. 

Next, create a matrix using the X Axis List and the Y Axis Lists, and the same formula in each cell, keeping in mind the Zip Codes will be the codes for the Anaplan Import, and the Lat-Long Minutes Will be the display name.  List properties or line items can also be used to store the lat/long data. 

tbeck_3-1635356887009.png

Once this matrix is made, you can import the X Axis as columns and the Y Axis As Rows and use lookups in Anaplan give you the result of the output of " IF X Axis = ## and Y Axis = ## , Lookup the value in the data intersection (the distance between the two points (in nautical miles/km.) 

Hope this helps,

If you can, or anyone here, knows how to freehand ACOS/Radians calculations; it may be possible to make a few line items to calculate the distance - but as of now I have not found a way.

Tyler

• Rather than using lon/lat co-ordinates, wouldn't it be easier to use what3words? Simple, effective and so much easier.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!