List Item Count Reset Accessible via Anaplan Connect
The ability to trigger the “Reset” action/button in the list configuration tab (for numbered lists), using Anaplan Connect to automate this process.
Example of Enhancement:
Anaplan Connect has an operation that enables reset of a list. And the index for a list can be reset without limitation (i.e. it doesn’t have to be in between 899,999,999 and 999,999,999 to enable a reset).
Benefit / Impact:
Our design requires exporting a record list from one model to another with great frequency to support reporting needs. This results in the numbered list IDs rapidly increasing, requiring frequent, unpredictable resets, otherwise this model-to-model data push fails.
- We move data from a planning model to a reporting model in Anaplan, to get around size and performance limitations
- We do it by pulling data from the planning model to the reporting model, specifically pulling data into a numbered list that contains one record per intersection of data
- Each time we have to clear and re-load the entire list
- The list has 10M items
- We push data on an hourly basis to enable up-to-date reporting
- The model administrator has to frequently log in and check the current index value to monitor whether we’re approaching the limit
- Important: There exists unpredictability around when we can reset the index as the list item index of the selected list must be between 899,999,999 and 999,999,999.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.