[NEW UX] Computer VS Mobile personalized user access

As a user, when I'm using my Phone I only want to see pages which are specifically designed to be Mobile friendly and when I'm using the Computer to see only computer friendly pages. Our model builders designed pages which are better fit for Computer use but also pages that are specifically made to be used on the phone via the Anaplan App.

I'll know this is successful when I will be able to see only the Mobile friendly pages when I'm on the phone and Computer friendly pages when I'm using the computer. This means being able to personalize the user access depending on the device used (Computer Web browsing VS Android Anaplan App).

We faced the above challenge when one of our clients wanted to enable their employees to use both their Computers for deep analysis and Phones to check data on the go. Currently, you can't set different user access depending on the device used to access Anaplan. So when you are on the Phone you will see all the pages (computer friendly and mobile friendly pages) and not only the ones which are specifically designed for Mobile.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or feedback!

Thank you!

Tagged:
4 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Yes!

Pages are set up in two completely different way when designing for a PC or the mobile app. Chrome on Android has an option to "show desktop version", it would be great if we could get something like that. 

• @andres.ayon: Would be great if we would have this functionality! Thanks for the support 🙂

• Thank you for the feedback about this - we're currently exploring how we can assist with this and will post updates here with any changes. Thanks, Emily (Mobile App Product Manager)

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!