NUX Comments - Security Driven Comments

I'm excited to see new collaboration features coming to the platform but the lack of context being applied to comments makes them not very useful and will require very specific training and notice for users to make sure they do not share sensitive information with other users. A specific example is incentive compensation where your selective access is specific to your own pay. Since everything else in Anaplan is context-driven, a user could very easily comment on the card thinking it was specific to the context selection and not just associated with the card. 

A few features that would address the security concern here:

• Have comments context-driven
  • Allow the comment option to be turned off
  • Allow a user to delete their comments
  • Provide instruction that the comment is for the card in general and all users with access to the card will see it
34 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• @johndorma 

Comment on the cards are based on the selection that you make in Context Selectors and is NOT Selection Agnostic. It surely does depend on the selection and not the card entirely. But I agree with rest of the points in your idea.

• @Misbah thanks for the follow-up comment. We had done some testing internally the moment it came out and we were not seeing the comments sync to the context selectors but it does appear to be doing so now. I just did some further testing and it appears that it syncs based on dimensions pivoted as selectors but not if you click on the dimensions within the grid. It also seems to have inconsistent results with the page sectors but I will need to conduct further testing.

• Currently do not have feature to delete the comments. Adding this feature will help to manage comments as whole.

• Hi there, I can confirm that conversation threads on cards are tied to the context, so in the situation described above a user who has access only to the list item for their own record can only comment on the thread for that particular list item - if their manager has access to multiple list items, they will see a different conversation thread (on the same card) for each different context.

Deleting a comment is on the roadmap for early this year and we are considering comment management for page builders in the latter half of the year.

• Firstly, I should say that I'm very new to Anaplan. Nonetheless, I should say that I find the context-specific comments unworkable - how do you know which set of context selections were active when a comment was placed? I think the whole system should be made very much more straightforward:

1. Access to Comments restricted to 'Page Designers' only (that simple)
    2. You comment on a card and other Page Designers see the comment you made, regardless of context
    3. You can delete (and/or maybe edit?) your own comments if you want to
  • Hi @ultrageoff thank you for your feedback. We're pleased to offer commenting to all users so that end users can more easily collaborate in the context of their Anaplan data, though it's an interesting concept to have collaboration specifically for page builders as you suggest. In this scenario I can see why context selections may be less relevant. We are working on a feature which will allow you to see all comments on a board page so you can find them more easily - in the meantime if you are tagged in a comment you can follow the link in the notification directly to that conversation in the correct context.

As this particular item is now marked as delivered I would ask you to create a new Idea in the Exchange so we can respond to your particular request and others are able to upvote if they would like the same.

You can currently delete your own comments and the ability to edit your comments is on our roadmap.

Thanks again,
    Emily - Product Management Team
    cc @JoannaM 

• Thanks for the reply, Emily - I've posted my suggestion as a new Idea

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!