NUX - Multiple Pages/Worksheets Open at a time

As a user of the New User Experience, I want to have the ability to have more than one Page or Worksheet open at a time. 

Depending on the setup of a model, and UX, many users may create temporary views and jump back and forth between a couple of grids to validate or compare. In the classic UX, you can have multiple Dashboards open and even pop one of them out to view them side by side. Right now, the only way that I am aware of in the New UX is to have multiple browsers tabs open, in which case synchronization does not work. 

I know this is successful when I can have multiple Pages or Worksheets available as tabs at the top of the interface, similar to the Classic UX.

Tagged:
129 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: New
  • I agree 100%, the ability to pin tabs and/or have multiple tabs open (like old UX)  have been asked by a couple clients too. I was searching for the functionality assuming must exist and I was just too thick to find it when I found this thread. Please support this feature...

• Although I do not fully understand why Anaplan chose not provide this functionality by default (given they already had it in Classic), I do fully agree with @jasonblinn

Having the ability to open multiple pages in one browser windows helps in improving usability and end-user acceptance of #NUX.

• I agree. It would be very helpful.

• Would give more Kudo's if I could. Like others, 100% agree with this. But to add to the points it would also be a massive time saver as well.

Because now if I would like to compare data between pages in different subsections, going through the menu and finding the correct page could take up to 5 seconds. Add on top of that you always have to wait for a little bit before the page opens introducing more lag. At the end of the day, all of these little things add up. And end-users, especially the ones that have been working in classic UX, see this as a large disadvantage making user adoption more difficult than it should be. 

Andris

• I was asked by users about the same, could be convenient to have this functionality.

• Tabs for the NUX please!!!

• Agree this would be useful for users.

• Currently, the workaround is to open the App in 2 browser pages. 

• 100% This is customer feedback too!!

• 100% agree that this is a requirement to support efficient working practices.

• Agreed, this is something that would be very helpful to me as a page builder and our end users have expressed frustration with only being able to have one page open at a time.

• This is essential for end users in order to make it easier to navigate and work...

• Agree with others here, this would be very helpful. 

• Agreed, this would be very helpful for multi-tasking. 

• RL would like to have this functionality which was available in the Classic Dashboards

• Great idea! I often hear this complaint from my end users

• It is very unfortunate that you do not have it already.  Users in my company (24 Hour Fitness, Inc) need it badly.  This is one of the reasons we cannot switch from Classic to NUX completely, and keep maintaining 2 versions.

• This is something I would like to see. That you can have the selections of Modules to drag up and form a tab. Currently I have a view to the side as additional insights so they can do multiple things and seeing the results on the main module. But that is still Limited so multiple tabs similar to Classic and the ability to view side by side would benefit the end user.

• Has there been any motion on this? Definitely a good request, many of our users are asking about this.

• This is a complaint we've had from our end users as well. It'd be nice if this functionality could be added to the roadmap.

• EmilyJ
    edited March 2023

The Anaplan Product team is currently looking at this in more detail, and are considering options for the following:

• Displaying UX pages as tabs which can be easily navigated between
    • Providing ‘split view’ to show two tabs at once
    • Synchronizing context across these two

Real-time updates across the two tabs is not currently planned, but I will update this thread if that changes.

We are currently in the Discovery phase and are targeting Q3 to provide UX pages displayed as tabs.

Emily, Anaplan Product Team

• Hi, is there any update from Product team on this ?

Thks

kind regards

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!