New UX - Auto Filter / Omit empty rows

I'm trying to empower and educate Anaplan users as page builders, but there is one reoccurring problem statement. How can I omit empty rows?

My answer is always "it depends" and I start explaining filtering on multi-dimensional modules, the different options to consider (like what dimensions should be included, excluded in the boolean) etc. etc. etc..

Well, that's when I lose most of these potential helpers. However, even I sometimes struggle to find a proper, not too complex filtering solution just to omit empty rows. Hence my request

As a Page Builder I want to be able to omit empty rows (or columns) automatically on a worksheet or board grid so that I don't require complex filtering logic or workspace admin rights to create the filter. This logic needs also to update automatically after changing the page selectors.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 19.12.00.png

Tagged:
19 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Agreed - this would be helpful.

• Indeed it would really be helpful to have the option to suppress blank or zero columns and/or rows., without being necessary to create filters to achieve this. ( similar to the option "Omit Empty Rows" option for the export actions, but to be used in NUX). 

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!