New UX - Landing page for NUX Apps

I would like to be able to set up Landing Page for App so that when different users enter the App, instead of Contents Section they will see Landing Page.

If will allow simplifying the navigation in the App in case it is full of pages.

Tagged:
153 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: New
  • This would be a great addition - many customer use cases where a landing page would be preferential to a contents page, especially where you want to take an End User on a "journey" as was possible in Old UX.

Greg

• I completelly agree with thi Idea

In the classic UX we had the Landing Dashboard option to provide a menu for end users, this options is not available in the NUX, my idea is that when users enter to an especific App, this opens automatically in a especific page, just like the landing dashboard works in the classic UX

• Absolutely! this would change a lot the way users can appropriate the tool.

• This is a great idea. I think going a step further and allowing the end users to customize their landing page would be a nice touch. 

• CommunityMember123543
    edited November 2022

Like the old UX where you could assign a landing page by user role. Provide a similar function for the new UX where when a user opens an app it takes them to homepage built by the model builder rather than the drab and boring contents list of pages.

• BenGee
    edited January 2023

This would be great, we have UX models set up with different pages for different roles so setting a landing page for each would make it work much better.

• This will be a great feature just like what we have in the classic dashboard to lessen the navigation of users in the pages/boards of New UX.

• Completely agree - a great way to focus users' attention and customize their view by role when needed.

• This is exactly what I'm looking for! I hope it will be on the roadmap soon.

• mlayton
    edited January 2023

Yes I agree. The current page is more suited for model builders rather than end users. @josemaya

• Hoping this gets some attention, b/c the current contents page is definitely not the most user friendly view. Building a “landing page” that just becomes a part of the contents doesn't quite work since users never really have to start there.

• Sorry for name dropping ! @davewaller @VickiA I noticed this was put on the roadmap some time ago. Is this targeted for this month's release?

I have seen this requirement from customers before and came across another one today.

Thanks !

• Also interested in seeing this —- would have thought the role based landing page for apps would have been done by now.

• Hopefully I haven't missed this but has the role based landing page for apps been released yet? Starting to build out our legacy dashboards in the NUX and this would be so helpful for the different groups we have.

• Agreed, why because in few of my projects I used to design home pages with all links to navigate for the users. If Anaplan provides this home screen, it will be really helpful.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!