New UX: Let me save unfinished boards without requiring completion of all cards

When starting to build in New UX, I did what I normally do when designing anything...software designs, drawings or even musical ideas...rough out where I'm going in a sketch using basic placeholders then start filling in the pieces. 

In New UX I knew I wanted a handful of graphs here and there, text headlines etc. only to realize unless I have those ideas fully fleshed and backed by data, I am not allowed to save (publish) the board therefore I lost the entire board, all of the work done on it and a lot of time.  

This really throws a wet blanket on the thought of sketching out / developing new ideas in New UX.

Please allow dashboards to be saved as drafts without requiring all cards to be filled in

6 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: New
  • Temporary workaround for this could be saving blank card templates that you can use as placeholders. There would probably need to be a way to organize templates though. Agree that this would be a great feature to add.

• The save/publish feature should be available at any given time during the Board design.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!